Betta with a Prolapsed Rectum?

NoFishing

Hi guys. Not sure what this is, but it's definately not poop. Wasn't there yesterday but he's been acting a bit sad for the last few days. I've had him about 9 mths now. I feed him only NLS pellets. He doesn't seem too interested on frozen bloodworms or frozen brine shrimp. No use giving him peas either to clear the blockage as I've tried that before and only end up picking out bits of fluffy peas a few days later. He does like to eat his tank mates small fish version of the NLS though (0.5mm pelets)

Has anyone seen this get better by itself? Would tonic salt help at all? I'm a bit worried his days may be up soon.

zoro1n.jpg

zoro2k.jpg

Well I'm impressed with your advise Adrienne. Thanks

It's gone already. I'm thinking maybe chasing him with the net must have made his bum puker up because now he's in another tank I can't see it anymore. :thup:

I'll still leave him in there though for a few days with the epsom salts. See if he perks up a bit as well.

BTW, tank is only 19L so I only added about half a teaspoon of epsom salts.

• 8 years later...

Hi, my betta is having similar problem. My male betta is having the below wound for last 6 days. It has stopped eating since then. Initially it was residing in a fish bowl and I had added half a capsule tetracycline to the fishbowl water. Now I've transferred him to a 9 litre acquarium 2 days ago (mixing the medicated fishbowl water alongwith) and kept the heater temperature at 26 degree C. Today tried him to feed a boiled and peeled pea. He has eaten a little. He has gone somewhat quiet nowadays. Any suggestion will be of much help. Thanks in advance! Please help what is the next step. I'm not sure of the disease he is having. Please help!!

• 4 weeks later...