demasoni breeding

rcallander

hi every1

i have been keeping fish 4 a few yrs now without to many dramas in the last couple. so now im getting interested in the breeding side. ihave a demasoni holding @ the mo. i have been working on making an egg tumbler because she spat them last time when i seperated her from the main tank & they all died :an!gry . what im wondering is how long before the eggs hatch into fry? when is the best time to take them off her (eggs or fry)? any help would be great

thanks

Roughly 3 weeks from eggs to fry. I like to strip at around day 19 or so as I prefer to not have to worry about eggs or egg sacks. Sometimes my maths are wrong and I end up with some egg sack still remaining. But from what I understand you have a higher rate of fry if you strip from egg

Thanks camtang. when u say u dont wont to worry about egg sacks, what do u meen? if i strip the eggs & then they hatch do i have to then get rid of the sacks? hahaha sounds stupid now that i have read what i have typed! but Mr youtube has never showed me that hahaha lucky i descovered this forum to get info like this!