Where to get asian arowana from?

tetra_nz

Most greenaros around are stunted or in hhorrible shape.

Good ones are already huge.

Quarantine yourself..get it shipped. If you do that.... I ddon't get a green... I get rtg as cost

Will be the same to quarantine weather you buy a cheap green or a AAA grade gold....

Greens are80 usd. Red tail gold 300.

Quarantine costs same. Shipping same.

Pm me or call me ill take you through it...

021 610 111

On ly if you are serious though.

Really? I don't think they do greens. Correct me if I'm wrong but i'm pretty sure they only do golds and reds

You are right. He will never do cheap aros. Fair enough too.

The risk is high. Cost is high. I can vouch for the quality of his aro.. I i got onefrom him!

But next time iI will import myself.. So can choose farm.

This dude has awesome aros! From imperial... I only top specimens export quality.

Quality of aro vary.. I export is the good quality.. I just like our meat... Best is exported.

+1 for getting something a bit nicer than a green. I loved my green, but in hindsight a few more $$ at the time of purchase spread over the life of the fish is insignificant. I think if I had got a RTG instead of a green I would still have it.

Thanks for the advice.

To be honest I'm not too fussed on the colour. For the same price I'd probably take a green with what I think is a nice body shape over a red with a slightly poor body shape (blasphemy, I know :o )

How did you manage to source your green David R?

Thanks for the advice.

To be honest I'm not too fussed on the colour. For the same price I'd probably take a green with what I think is a nice body shape over a red with a slightly poor body shape (blasphemy, I know :o )

How did you manage to source your green David R?

They all have similar body shape.... In fact red n rtg n gold will be nicer as more effort go into them...

In asia, greens are seen as starter practice aros. I like them but no effort is made to selectively breed them really.

Better go for rtg or xb... If you don't like reds.

Only few more bux!

a Nami Green would be another story ... !drool: !drool:[/quo

Kaiju Arowana can source them.

there are a few breeders now.

they will eventually become very common and cheap, right now they are 2500usd, expensive for a green but becusae the greens are not associated with luck, wealth - asians will not flock to them generally.

THey are however rare untill breeding them becomes more common.

in fact, they have crossed a nami green with gold xb. doesnt look too n ice, its like a shinier green. but in another few years, it will become nicer and more interesting.

another farm is trying to breed the nami green with high quality reds....

in time, we will get snake skin red and golds of high quality.

that would be awesome!

but if you wanted a nami green now.

2500usd last time i checked (8 months ago) and they are readily available - plus quarantine and shipping, gst costs.

albino, that is the rare one.

silver arowana albino is 8500usd.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to revive such an old thread.

I was wanting to get a asian arowana earlier this yr but life got in the way so didn't end up getting one.

I'm once again looking for an asian arowana.

1. Anybody keen to jointly buy arowanas to save on shipping and split quarantine fees?

2. Anybody know of retailers in nz who can get in asian arowanas? Approx how much would an RTG cost if bought from a retailer in nz?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...