Harlequin Rasbora fry

Buddha

My Harlequins must have spawned , i didn't notice any eggs under any leaves but have seen about a dozen fry among the plants.

Anyone ever raised these in there main tank? i know if the adults get a chance to eat them they will ,but if there is enough plant cover do you think any will survive?

or best to remove them if i can and raise them up?

whats the best way to get daphnia going? im not even sure i know how they look im a bit of a failure with live foods so far cant seem to even get brine shrimp hatching (tho that's all Ive tried) and i guess mosie lova is a bucket with a bit of wood in it outside

I keep mine in a plastic bin in sunshine, the sun grows the stuff the daphnia eat. They seem to do better in a larger container (50L or so). I got mine from one tree hill, from the sheep water trough at the far end of the archery paddock.

You can also boil some chopped lettuce leaves and put them in the water for the daphnia, but I haven't needed to.

You can also feed your fry frozen rotifers (from HFF) if they are big enough to eat bbs. I just mix a bit of aquarium water to defrost and put a bit in a syringe and squirt down where the fry are.