Electric Blue Jack Dempsey not eating

jalbert009

Hello Guys! I have a 220L tank and just started looking after South American Cichlids. All my fish are 8-10cm at the moment. I have a Blood Parrot, Gold Severum, Blue Acara, EB Jack Dempsey and a pair of Angels. There is not much aggression in the tank as there are many hiding places but my biggest concern is my EBJD. I have had him for 1 week now and I have only seen him eat once and that was when I feed my fish their weekly blood worms treat. Any idea why he wont eat? I feed my fish NLS tropical flakes and Tetramin Crisps and they all love it except for my EBJD. I managed to get some other food from my friend like JBL novo sinking tablets, NLS pellets and Nutrafin pellets and the EBJD still wont eat them. I am open to suggestions. Any advice is much appreciated.

Yeah I'm aware my tanks too small but I was planning on getting a 360-400L tank once they grew a bit more. There hasn't been any bullying issues in the tank actually. My Parrot is the king and EBJD is the second toughest guy and he doesn't get bullied much if any. I'll try the turning off lights thing and hope it works. Cheers!

What is the fish used to being fed? He may be eating but you just may not see it. If he is the slowest fish to get to the food you may need to feed for longer and in the end remove waste. Some cichlids will hang back until the faster and nastier ones finish eat their fill before coming out for food.