aqua nano 40 55ltr reef build

Wellydave

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

cheers guys quick update after my last peppermint shrimp dissapearing basicly as soon as it went in the tank (im pretty sure it was eaten as it had molted during shipping so went in the tank with no real shell) ive been on the look out for more and today was the day was waiting for my lfs to get some in and today they arrived along with my new goby ended up getting 3 peppermint shrimp and a wheelers prawn goby, hopefully the peppermints will make a nice dent in the aiptasia population other than that tanks ticking over nicely had bad algae problems lately due to high phosphates so recently replaced the rowaphos, carbon and recharged the purgen that was in the tank along with a fairly large water change (25ish ltrs from a 55ltr tank haha) anemone is growing bigger and bigger by the day but hangs out on the back side of the rock formation unfortunately so no good for photos.

new tank build is well underway and most of the stock in this tank will be transfered once that is cycled but untill then this is now full as far as i am concerned heres some pics of the new additions

p.s sorry glass is dirty and iphone pics so please bare with me

goby

1082570_10153098749545514_124943162_o_zps9baf5fd6.jpg

shrimp

1082343_10153098736180514_1914978789_o_zps827d2bb9.jpg

hanging out together

920931_10153098748100514_1018166186_o_zps56ab53ce.jpg

took a few pics of the goby today as he was sitting right up the front of the tank first time ive seen him out of his hidey hole so thats good! also a couple pics of my nem that the clowns refuse to host haha

p.s please excuse the dirty glass and dieing plating monti my stupid hermit pushed the monty off its perch onto the hammer last night and now its looking worse for ware hoping it comes right :/

IMG_2400_zps78556ca5.jpg

IMG_2401_zps3f0d9c16.jpg

IMG_2366_zps8d11ba77.jpg

IMG_2372_zps9cbc789f.jpg

IMG_2403_zps8499006d.jpg

livebearer_breeder im using something similar on my nano these days and having good luck with it.

My issues are around not being able to use an automatic timer on getting the blues to come on as nightlights as it's a physical switch but once my big tank is running im going to butcher it and hook up my 12v timer system.

Dave, stoked you had such good success with peppermint shrimp..this time around ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

yeap tank was shut down last year, at the time my wc schedule was 10L per week i would highly reccomend anyone looking to buy one of these basicly throw out everything that comes with it and buy replacements only thing i kept was the heater. i had a media rack in the middle chamber, skimmer in first chamber and return pump and heater in last chamber. tunze 9002 skimmers fit in the back quite well and are great skimmers also eheim compact 1000's are great for a return pump. if you want a wave maker the tunze 6015 is probably your best bet or the new wp10 from jebao. all in all great little tanks check out www.thenanoreef.co.uk and also www.ultimatereef.com as there are quite a few people on there with these tanks and can offer great advice