BREEDING ANGELS

ghostknifesrule

I brought a set of breeding angels about 3 months ago i seen there last lot of babys before i brought them so they are most deffinatly paired anyway lol in the last 3 months they have laid alot of times but they always eat them they are in a 60 litre tank with 5 corys 3 of witch were tank mates with the angels before i got them there is a golden algae eater and a bristlenose in there.There is adaquite filtration and lighting.They lay there eggs on a clay pot planter i put in there.I serously dont know why they are eating the eggs its really starting to annoy me :an!gry any help would be greatly apparchated

Remove all their other tankmates, they won't raise the fry with any other fish in the tank. That's what happened to me when I kept them in my old community tank. Also if that doesn't work just wait till they lay and fertilize the next time and then remove them straight away before they have a chance to eat the eggs.

Make sure whatever they decide to lay on has a lot of flow going over it, like put an airstone so that the rising bubbles travel over the surface of the eggs. Once they start free swimming feed them some of that liquid fry food that Diacks sell or get some baby brine shrimp or microworms. Water changes everyday, I done about 25% without any problems.

Though that same pair had no problems raising the fry until they were free swimming then I removed them as there was too many fry and made it easier doing frequent water changes.

I used to breed them in bare 50 litre tanks with just the pair in there with a small slate hanging at the top. It is about clean water and lots of live food. Lumbriculus, daphnia, whiteworms etc. They will breed every 10-14 days and you remove the eggs and hatch them in another tank. Lots of tanks required.

• 7 months later...