Guppy advice please?

bikerbabe

Hi.. I'm quite a noobie to tropical fishkeeping... have got 3 male guppies & 1 female.. & shés pregnant :facepalm: the boys are harrasing the hell out of the poor girl.. I've just put her in the plastic breeder container (sitting in the main tank) to give her a little breathing space & a break from being chased all around the tank.. or should I just leave her be in the main tank..??? :nilly:

really need a 2 female to one male ratio to prevent this, 3 males to one girl will be bad even in a thickly planted tank.either thin out the males or add some more females.

think of guppy males as the same as 15 year old boys

btw its quite hard to get a girl that is not pregnant :P

really need a 2 female to one male ratio to prevent this, 3 males to one girl will be bad even in a thickly planted tank.either thin out the males or add some more females.

think of guppy males as the same as 15 year old boys

btw its quite hard to get a girl that is not pregnant :P

Thanks for that.. I think I'll contact the breeder I got them from tomorrow & see if he would like her back.. as I wasn't thinking about trying to breed anything at this stage, until I was much more familiar with keeping the ones I have got :o