I.D Please

discusdude

Hes cute :) looks like a pk, do you know how old he is?

Traditionals have 2 ray branching while hmpk have at least 4. This has more than 2 but his tails rounded and doesnt have a D shape tail so not hmpk. Technically I guess you could call them transitional pk (in between traditional and halfmoon pk) haha.

Its probably got some delta or hm chucked in his background to give him the extra ray branching but crossed out to a traditional to give the roundy tail and uneven branching :smln:

Cool I haven't had a plakat male before. I was thinking he was a female until he started blowing a nest, looks like my females. Will hopefully be on the way to breeding some nice HMPK soon then, if i can get this guy to produce some nice females for me ill probably HAVE to buy one of those nice dumbo males and start working on plakats.

Hes cute :) looks like a pk, do you know how old he is?

Traditionals have 2 ray branching while hmpk have at least 4. This has more than 2 but his tails rounded and doesnt have a D shape tail so not hmpk. Technically I guess you could call them transitional pk (in between traditional and halfmoon pk) haha.

Its probably got some delta or hm chucked in his background to give him the extra ray branching but crossed out to a traditional to give the roundy tail and uneven branching :smln:

Hes born in march sometime he was the one plakat male from a cross that i breed halfmoon butterfly x female plakat. Hes really tiny for his age, looks half the size of some of his brothers still builds a nice size nest tho.

Its possible he could just be a long fin but a late bloomer. Luckily though all his siblings will be carrying pk and with the extra branching you've chucked in there from the hm father the F2 should result in some nice transitional pk even maybe some hmpk if you choose the siblings carefully (straight tail edge, more ray branching etc)

We need heaps of hmpk :D theres not enough in nz at the moment all the hmpk have dopey elephant ears attached to their heads haha :lol: