Breeding Danio Erythromicron

caserole

As soon as they went free swim I added some liquid from the micro worm cultures, this contains yeast and all sizes of micro-worms, so there would be something within their bit size-range. This is why Micro's are so good as a first food.

The only question is would they like it??? and can it tell they're eating.

Yes is it's working :happy1: , they had little white tummy's when I checked them afternoon.

As soon as they went free swim I added some liquid from the micro worm cultures, this contains yeast and all sizes of micro-worms, so there would be something within their bit size-range. This is why Micro's are so good as a first food.

The only question is would they like it??? and can it tell they're eating.

Yes is it's working :happy1: , they had little white tummy's when I checked them afternoon.

well done

:hail:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, true they do.

On that note Adrienne,

The Gold male x Hi-fin Grey female WCMM spawning I have grew very fast once the fry reached 1cm. This was done as u would with fighter fry by keeping the clear bottom tank full of Micro worms 24/7.

The oldest fry are now spawning.

I don't know how old the x strain is how ever I did make a comment on my goal to create gold hi-fin WCMM in Sophie's WCMM thread, so you could check the time line( the fry I'm now breeding were not even eggs when that comment was made.)

Am i right your Gold's were Sophies??

• 1 month later...

hey Stu, what news with your minifish fry?

Luke* inspired me to try to breed my CPDs again and it seems it didn't work. Just checked the hardness of the water and found it changed to yellow/orange on the second drop which means it's 20ppm which is pretty soft right? Do you think I will have more success if I add the baking soda and salt like you did? Is it that the eggs are laid but don't live or that the fish don't/can't produce properly without the minerals etc?

Do the boraras brigittae like hard or soft water at your house? I've given my 2 maculatus away with the idea of getting a bigger school of brigittae but if they like soft water I figure I'll put them straight in the breeding tank and see what happens.

The fry are growing nicely, there now mini fish but no colour yet.

I have lost 2 fry that got squashed against the glass and sponge filter when I was doing a water change.

I add the salt for my guppies, the other fish get it as it's in my sumps used for water changes.

The baking soda is to stabilise the Ph as my water has next to no buffer and it takes very little waste to turn it acid which can burn the guppies.

Yes 20ppm is soft and you want it that way!! or lower.

I really don't understand why you are not having any luck with your CPD's you seem to be doing everything right.

I bred imported wild caught CPD's in tap water, so go figure??

It would be surprising to find Brigittae in breeding condition in the shops, but yes soft and lightly acidic.

If your really keen you could collect rain water for your Brigittae, with your luck I think you should use every trick in the book :wink:

The Brigittae males do look much brighter in lightly acidic water.

I have rain water :bounce:

I suspect my CPDs could be getting on a bit now. I think they were full grown when I bought them and that was over a year ago.After Luke* came over we realised it was possible that I had had a few male + male pairings as I didn't realise the females have the little black dot. I mean, they probably did but I didn't know to look for that in a female, I was looking for chubbiness and less colour only... so yes a bit embarrassing I may not have had success for obvious reasons. In my defence I know I did get most of them right :oops:

I noticed that the 4 snails in the breeding tank were getting holes in their shells so I guess if I put rainwater in there I'd better move them out or they will surely die :tears: