Pet centre opening in upper hutt.

joff_nz

I noticed yesterday there is a new Pet Centre opening in upper hutt, between where the mall is and smiths city. Had a peek inside, it says opening early June but there's not much inside yet. Huge premises though, will be great to see a new pet shop in upper hutt, current one is a bit lacking.

Anybody know anything about it or involved with it?

Stopped and said hi to someone working on the place today, owner maybe? Very friendly anyway.

She said the are due to open Friday, they have 7 banks of 3 tanks of around 120-150litre ish? Only saw them briefly, but very keen to check it out next weekend.

Stopped and said hi to someone working on the place today, owner maybe? Very friendly anyway.

She said the are due to open Friday, they have 7 banks of 3 tanks of around 120-150litre ish? Only saw them briefly, but very keen to check it out next weekend.

Friday being a couple days ago or next friday?

No was a little disappointed in the fish stock, lots of mollies, guppies, plus red tailed sharks, electric yellows, plenty of goldfish.

Great large store though with room to move and a lot of options, friendly staff, hope they get some more interesting fish in once they are more established

The level of stock was a bit disappointing. I was wanting an internal filter and the only brands they had was Fluval and Tank Mate. I heard someone asking for an Aqua One internal who was probably disappointed.

Although the fish weren't in the sale, the stock they had on hand was a bit disappointing. I think if you're going to have an opening sale - do it with a bang and stock it well.

On a side note: this seems to be the only website that is loading for me tonight - dunno what is going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped in today as I needed a net.

Definitely improving stocks, saw today

An arowana at $129. Tried to take a pic on my phone but no dice

Gold? And dark Oscars ( I've never seen these as juveniles, they look funny when small.)

Severums.

As well as ciclids, guppies, mollys, axolotls, goldfish.

Sales guy said their breeder is big into bettas so they expect to have plenty in the future.