ID if possible please

Hazara

• 2 weeks later...

Stella - I didnt realise that was your effort, It looks like an internet random pic.. I'm hoping you guys arent Jinxes :o I had the surf up the Waipara a few times, the new truck is a "little" heavier.... have had it across to the "rocks" a couple of times, last time I dug out a fossil I found in the rocks...

Just an update on the little feller, it jumps out of the water to take flies from hand now (if its hungry) - it spends most of the day in just under half the depth of tank, and interestingly at night when I flick the lights on or sneak in with a green led torch - it's still active.

It's real fun watching it try & grab flies on the surface that havent been completely stunned... they reflexively jump and he gets more aggressive...

When fed flake food, it takes a minute before it clicks there's food then starts snapping at anything floating past and then starts gulping at the submerged ponga fronds for caught up pieces..

Ps - My 7 year old has named it... after so much effort and so many names (I originally called it a Koaro) - he has called it..

"Canterbury Galaxis"