Small particles in the water

bottlerocket

I have a Juwel 180 (180 Lt) with the built in juwel filter running and a external Jebo 819 as well. With both these filters running I still have a lot of small particles floating around the tank. I have tried accu clear which made no difference. Have tried fine filter wool in the Jebo which has made no difference. Any help please??

so do you have it planted heavily?

is the filter set up

bottom is noodles

middle is sponges

top is filter wool?

i had this problem aswell i bought some cheap sponges from the 2 dollar shop and added them to the middle they do an excellent job

The plants are still getting established, so not heavely planted yet. Set up is different density sponges through out with noodles under some of the sponges. This is how it came out of the box. I have tried runnning one filter at a time to see if one was upseting the other but no luck with that.

In a previous life I used to have a number of reverse flow diatomaceous earth filters that would have cleared that up in a few minutes.I think they are still popular in USA. I have not seen them around now for years, but if you could get one it would do the trick. The real solution would be to figure out what is causing it.

have used Daltons prop mix many times before with no issue

it does, however, require a GOOOOOD thorough clean out before you use it. I'm guessing that the latter was skimped upon and hence your issue. it is easier in a bucket, with the hose blasting into it, and get your hand/arm in there to get it all out until run-off is clear. But seeing as this may be too late....

If there are no fish in the tank, get in there and stir her up to get all the fine particles in solution, then siphon off as fast as you can, (may require continuous agitation) then fill her up and let her settle. Gravel vac your way to 30% W/Changes, and it'll clean up.

I have to say I am a huge fan of the propagating mix and have used it on many tanks over the years.