Angelfish cross black veil type x short fined platnum ?

hyjinx

I was wondering what the offspring would be from crossing these two. male is black and very tall fins and quite a long spotted tail about 5 inches long aprox but not so long that it droops, i suspect he is a cross with a wild ? as you can see faint lines on the black but he has lighter almost marble patches but hes still 95% black. his on again off again girlfreind was sold to me as platnum angel she is quite a pearly/crisp white colour with slight metalic blue bars up the fins and has normal short fins.

i tried to get the black to pair up with a koi veil pearlscale type angel but he was just the tank bully to his potential mates so i put him and his old gf (platnum) back in a new tank together on the same day hoping they might reconsile there differences they last had and he seems to be not attacking her badly like he last was when they had laid and they are cleaning the cone in the new tank straight away so fingers crossed this time.

she does tend to be to rough when fanning the eggs and makes some of them fall off as she also bumps them with her body (shes deffinitly finished laying when she does this) she also eats the eggs when she picks out the white ones she will keep slowly cheaning till they and the good ones are all gone, im not sure if thats why he attacked her and kept it up so i had to take her out before he killed her it was that bad, he is really good very gentle when fanning the eggs never eats any good ones either. would it be ok to leave just him with the eggs after they are fetalized ?

The genes in angels are in pairs so it sounds as though your black has a single black, single striped, single veil tail and if it has a blotchy pattern it may have a single marble gene. I would try to cross it to a gold with double veil tail genes.

I don't know what a platinum is so can't help you there.

In my view the safest way to raise angel fry is to remove the eggs and hatch and raise them seperately.