Value estimation for tank? :)

vavoli

Hey all,

Here is my tank which i am planning to sell soon... Does any one have any rough ideas about the total value?

Approx 300L tank, brand new seals

Eheim prof filter 2yrs old

Massive heavy authentic indian wood cabinet

Brand new pump & bendy air hose thing

Stones, plants, marimo ball (plastic)

6 Goldfish

All the food, chemicals, hoses and cleaning jazz

I know it's hard to say an estimate but i thought someone on here might know a rough idea :)

Thank you !

fish1.jpg

fish2.jpg

Hi

IMO

Tank-$150-$200

Light?

1 tube- $50

2 tube- $75

Eheim filter depending on model - $100+

Cabinet- $100+?

And all the other stuff probably about $100

Grand total: $500-$575+

Just my estimation. But if you're going to list it on trademe, look at other tanks in you region and through out NZ just to make sure you're not over pricing it.

HTH

What are the dimensions of that tank?

I do not believe that that tank is 300 litres by looking at those photos.

Hi

IMO

Tank-$150-$200

HTH

In my opinion that is hugely expensive for a secondhand tank of that size. I had a new tank made that size ( assuming its 90 X 30 X 30 ) for less than that.

vavoli, sorry I am not trying to be mean and pick, but when it comes to selling you tank it pays to be accurate with sizings etc as it is a huge disappointment to potential buyers when they discover things are not what was described.

With all that said, I too think the cabinet would be worth more on its own. And if I underestimated the size of your tank I apologise. http://www.firsttankguide.net/calculator.php

I've bought three 2nd hand 150-200L 3ft tanks for $50, $50 and $30 each, although one had lots of scratches from a turtle and the other two needed to be cleaned and re-siliconed. In saying this, these tanks were a steal. 8)

The trouble with second hand tanks is that there is lots of uncertainty as to the age of the glass, the condition of the glass, the condition of the silicone, the bracing, the glass thickness etc. If you give as much information as possible you should be able to sell it for a better price :thup:

Cool thank you for your opinions...

The reason i say 300L (my rough guess)... is because it's really deep. It does look rather small and piddley in that picture but it actually a decent size. Not as big as i'd like for a tropical tank however! But big enough for goldies. The tank I had before this one i was told was 220L or there abouts and this one is much bigger...

The glass is in pretty good nic.. Only a few minor scratches...

I got it through a private swap.

Okay, i'll see what I can compare it to and will bust out a tape measure closer to the time as well so i can get acurate measure :)

:happy2:

brought my 240L tank for 90$ 120cm X 45 x45 with lids. Yours looks pretty nice so I'd be pushing for around 150-200 but might not sell right away

brought my 120cm double bulb light for 45$ an 2x NEW (at petshop) uv bulbs for 20$ each

Filter would be worth around 100-150$ if in good condition an not needing any seals

chemicals an cleaning equipment are worthless as are the fish stones an air pump setup

Only my opinion but I would think around 350-400 would be a reasonable price from a buyers point of view

Just going on what I've brought in the past not on retail worth. One thing to remember is money spent has nothing to do with the second hand value. for example... You can buy a crappy thrashed car for 2000 or a nicely maintained car with 5000 of receipts for 3000. Just because you spent 5000 keeping the car in good condition doesn't by any means make it worth 5000 more. If that makes sense

also my guess is tank is 100cm x 45 x40 around the 200L mark