iphone 4s vs samsung galaxy

lambo

My husband says the iphone is a very clever device but as a phone it has problems. If you are in a low signal area you will suffer from drop outs and dropped calls. You might find it will work ok outside but when you go inside the workplace or house then you might have these problems. The iphone has poor sensitivity and so needs a stronger signal for reliable calls compared to most other phones. It doesn't matter if it's on the Telecom, 2 degrees or Vodafone networks, it will have these problems.

Because of the aerial design on the iphone, it is affected by the way you hold the phone. Other phones are affected also but to a much smaller degree.

He knows this because he gets called to look into call quality problems for one of the cell phone networks. The problem is almost always found to be much worse where the users have iphones. He went to one last week where the business had bought iphones for their staff and could not understand why the only person not having problems was the manager who also had a Nokia flip phone. It never dropped out and that's why he used it when in the office.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband says the iphone is a very clever device but as a phone it has problems. If you are in a low signal area you will suffer from drop outs and dropped calls. You might find it will work ok outside but when you go inside the workplace or house then you might have these problems. The iphone has poor sensitivity and so needs a stronger signal for reliable calls compared to most other phones. It doesn't matter if it's on the Telecom, 2 degrees or Vodafone networks, it will have these problems.

Because of the aerial design on the iphone, it is affected by the way you hold the phone. Other phones are affected also but to a much smaller degree.

He knows this because he gets called to look into call quality problems for one of the cell phone networks. The problem is almost always found to be much worse where the users have iphones. He went to one last week where the business had bought iphones for their staff and could not understand why the only person not having problems was the manager who also had a Nokia flip phone. It never dropped out and that's why he used it when in the office.

I've never had these problems? What version iPhone is it?

I can make calls off 1 bar signals, for about 10 minutes and it doesn't drop. I make calls inside, outside, camping ect and have been able to make successful calls everywhere.

We will no longer continue to develop Flash Player in the browser to work with new mobile device configurations (chipset, browser, OS version, etc.) following the upcoming release of Flash Player 11.1 for Android and BlackBerry PlayBook.

from: http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplatform/2011/11/flash-to-focus-on-pc-browsing-and-mobile-apps-adobe-to-more-aggressively-contribute-to-html5.html

I have had all of these problems

I would put your choice to this

how stupid are you with technology?

If you can happily send emails, download content, send content Bluetooth, WiFi, maps an use all the features an apps then go with the s2.

If you can't or are unwilling to learn doing all of that go with the I phone because it will be much much simpler for you to get your head around.

Personally I wouldn't spend 500+ on a phone. Sure its a nifty piece of technology but REALLY do you need that? You'd be much better off with a cheaper phone(that can do 90% of the same things) + a laptop to do MUCH more than the phone ever will.

• 3 weeks later...
Android = lets you run the phone they way you want and is very customizable. Adobe flash support. Has alot of Advanced features. Range of different phone to pickfrom. Subject to viruses and malware.

Windows = has minor customizablility. Simple easy to use. Good battery life and a range of handsets

Apple ios = no customization. Very simple to use. Limited to 3 handsets. Expensive.

What are you going to be using your phone for?

Can't you just jailbreak the iPhone and you will get tones of customization ?

I've got a S2 and I would have to say that it is the most bug free phone I have used so far. (Previous Phs; HTC Nexus One, SE k810i, Nokia 7610)

Its so lightweight and thin that I forget its in my pocket sometimes and the colours on the screen are gorgeous. As well, I use GPS and browse the net alot, so I much prefer the bigger screen to the Iphone 4s. I do like to tinker with my phones a bit, so Android was an easy choice for me. Cost was also important, with the S2 at almost half the price of a new 4s :)

Cough over protective is sometimes better than not protective enough. I mean if you're downloading all this stuff (themes games ect) how do you know you're not downloading a virus?

It's called anti virus squirt. The whole abdroid has heaps malware and viruses compared to Ios is not true several viruses,malware and scams are on the apple app store and there is no way of protecting you.phone from them. Also on android you can get apps from other market places you can get really anything on it like ps1 emulators and stuff like that on Ios they won't allow it.