Traditional Christmas ideas

mcrudd

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Caryl, just eat it out of revenge for the cold shoulder :thup:

Our Christmas dinner has been toned down significantly. I am ill with Strepthroat and doc said I will take atleast ten days to get better. I feel all yuck and tired and my heartrate shoots through the roof if I do just a little to much. Will see closer to the time though, I loved my menu I had planned

I am starting to feel much better. So far no one else got it, I think I got onto it pretty quick and once you take your first antibiotic its no longer contagious. I think it helped that the kids were at school as well. We decided to trim back just a little, but whatever we don't make on Christmas day we will make for new years :) I am however very happy that both my kiddies are immunised against chicken pox because several of my friends are going to have spotty kids over Christmas and mine will be ok :thup:

Re chicken pox - as with most immunisations around10% will not become immune after the vaccine is given. Vaccinate a second time and around 10% of the first 10% who by now, have been vaccinated twice, will still not develop immunity. Good luck with your children, hopefully they are in the 90%. :D

Re chicken pox - as with most immunisations around10% will not become immune after the vaccine is given. Vaccinate a second time and around 10% of the first 10% who by now, have been vaccinated twice, will still not develop immunity. Good luck with your children, hopefully they are in the 90%. :D

LOL they are deffinetly the lucky 90%. My son is 12 now and had his vaccination at 5 and my daughter is 7 and had hers at 5. almost her whole class had chicken pox her first year of school but she did not. So we all good, and I had it as a child, boy did I get it :nilly:

For those who wont be drinking i can HIGHLY recomend the Mac's fejoa and pear fizzy drink its so delish but you have to have it really cold.It's in supermarkets and they come in a 4 pack and the bottles look like the mac's beer so was surprised to see they where non alchaholic. If you like fejoa you will LOVE this.

merry xmas everyone keep safe.

mcrudd I just realised I took pics of the trifles the other day then forgot to show you. They were covered with whipped cream and fruit just before the party started but I forgot to take a pic of the finished product. Can do so tomorrow morning as I have made 3 more for the BBQ tomorrow.

Add the sponge

Trifle1.jpg

Add jam and about half a cup of fruit juice (or sherry). Sliding a knife down the sides allows the jam to drop down making pretty patterns around the edge.

Trifle2.jpg

Add custard (I used bought stuff)

Trifle4.jpg

Top with whipped cream and the topping of your choice. We use 100's and 1,000, choc hail, strawberries, kiwifruit or whatever you like.

Yum

what are the mains? Looks like pineapple studded ham on the left and I can't make out what the others are other than delicious looking

The Ham was glazed with Pineapple and cherries, then its a turkey wrapped in bacon, it was so well cooked it fell off the bone. The centre bowl has some roasted kumara and potato in the middle and some pumkin fritters all around !drool: