WEIRD PETS

nativelover

I have had two weird pets growing up. I had a chameleon, he was such a sweetie. And I used to have a venusfly trap plant as a pet, now I know thats not an animal/reptile or fish, but I had to catch flies for him and let them go near him, so I classify it as a pet. I also had a bobbejaan spinnekop, which I absolutely would freak if one came near me now, shows you how fearless we are as kids :rotf:

Ooohhhh the missus and I are on the look out for stray hedgehogs to adopt lol.

Are they easy to care for? I've heard that you need to get a shot if you get pricked by them because you don't know where they've been lol.. True?

yep they are easy and amazing little creatures we had ours in a big avairy with piping and branches for them we feed them WORMS WORMS WORMS :happy1: and a bit of cat food and just had a water tray out for them. when we first rescued them we didnt see them much then as they became more friendly we saw them more and more. And when they were old enough we just opened the avairy door and at night they would go hunting in the bush. But come back before morning then they started going out longer and longer until they found somewhere house to live. :thup:

and mcrudd i had a venusfly too they are amazing.

yep they are easy and amazing little creatures we had ours in a big avairy with piping and branches for them we feed them WORMS WORMS WORMS :happy1: and a bit of cat food and just had a water tray out for them.

What were the piping and branches for? Climbing??

I've got an ice cream tub full of frozen gutloaded mealworms for my fish, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind sharing haha. My next batch of mealworms should be maturing just in time for autumn, so I don't think I will run out anytime soon lol.

we dug holes for the pipes that lead into aa big underground sleeping area. then the branches were for climbing. we would put catmeat and worms scatered around.

Whoa! That's uber flash! I think I can only afford to give them a cardboard box lol!

..Wait, wait, wait. Did you say "catmeat"?! :o

A rock.

Did you take it for walks often? I've heard that it's often the rock walking the owner, not the other way around. :lol: