aquarium computer thingee... does it exist? what is it calle

henward

my maTE has made one and you can see on his phone whats running temp ph etc got all this info pretty amazuing and he can turn things on and off from his phone dont ask me how he done it.

How did he do that?

hahaha

no seriously can you ask him to maybe send an email to you and copy and paste here?

thats awesome

too expensive, i think im gonna try to find a ph reading cheaper lol

that TM auction, does anyone know if you can leae the probe permanently in the water?

i dont belive there will be an issue, it looks like it is designed for such a use.

Yeah, it looks like it's designed for permanent submersion.

you know, like a little probe that goes in the sump, display saying temp and PH etc

anything like that, so there is live reporting of PH and temp?

You're not looking for a computer. You're looking for a thermometer and a PH tester.:) Unless you want to control ozone, dosing pumps, Co2, lights, heat, pumps, wavemakers, pager/txt alerts, logging...

If you really want one, here's a couple year old comparison chart of them: http://www.aquariumcontrollers.com/aquarium-equipment-comparisons.php#controllerchart

lol

ok i guess freshwater is much simpler!

yes, a thermometer but i would be happy with just a ph meter fully submerged all the time so i can look at my temp with my current thermometer and ph at a glance.

so that link i gave, do you think that is designed for permanent or longterm submersion in water? how do you know?

PH sensors are a delicate piece of equipment, they have a limited life, even the industrial grade ones I deal with.

They have a special glass probe envelope which can be blocked easily.

If you are using it to control co2 dosing be really careful a failure can kill all your fish really fast, just ask Daniel from my club.

Personally if I was to be testing PH automatically I'd use a bypass line and some solenoids, take the reading, then run a RO/DI flush cycle. it would IMO extend the life of the probe element hugely!

PH is the tricky part for reliability vs Cost, the rest of teh stuff you are looking at is pretty easy

It something I'll probably be playing with part time next year when my engineering business is launched, I am toying with a few ideas at the moment, but I need to pay the bills first.

i guess i just wanted it to be like my aqua one thermometer.

so i look at that temp, and look at ph, sweet done lol

but looks like with a finite life of the probe and sensor, its not that easy, probably better to get a pen type meter and just dip it as i need it ??

it would be call if you could buy some device that would talk to your iphone or desktop computer which controlled PH, Temp, etc
I think I will write client server software to do that on commodity hardware, I bet it could do much more besides, I think I will call it telnet

:sage:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...