Frogs

kuhli loach

Tree frogs only get up to 4.5cm so a little enclosure like that would still suit half a dozen or so.

Three exotic (Australian) species commonly available in NZ.

litoria ewingii - brown tree frog / aka whistling tree frog. prefer cooler temps

litoria raniformis - southern bell frog / aka growling grass frog. indestructible, well almost, eats the above :lol:

litoria aurea - golden bell frog. prefer warmer temps, above 15C.

both bell frog species get upto 10cm.

Could try your local petshop, failing that trademe has some on there atm.

bit of fresh water. some land and soemthign to climb on.

optional: moonlight for nocturnal viewing :wink:

uvb bulb/tube for daylight.

in regards to exhibit. really depends on personal pref on how much you want to get carried away.

google, and or the search function on here should give you pics, an idea of plants and so on. :bounce:

As a student I have tonnes of homework, I was going to get round to the Kuhli's but I thought frogs in a planted exhibit would be easier to maintain than fish in water since I have very little time. My mum already has some golden bell frogs and feeds them whatever insects are flying or crawling about the house, their cages are a lot easier to maintain than that of the goldfish I once kept. I have also wanted whistlers for quite some time but only had one tank in which I was going to keep Kuhlis.

if you are talking about a ultrasonic foger , they really heat the tank up so not a great idea unless you have a big tank with a lot of water other wise you could run it in a small container above the tank and let the mist flow into the tank

• 2 weeks later...

a couple of nights ago i caught the brown tree frog that had been residing in and around my neighbours swimming pool. he is now in a tank with a net curtain top to allow air flow. he has a small container of water, a couple of fake tank plants, and for humidity, i occasionally use a cheap spray bottle. i catch any flies that are around and put them in for him.

the neighbours kids came over the next day to see him and were surprised that something so small could make the amount of noise he was making. he was keeping one of them awake at night as he was right outside her bedroom window.