World Cup Fever

mcrudd

So is any of you actually going to go and see a match. If we want to go to the good ones and take our kids its well over 400 dollars and that is for horrible seats, I wish us Kiwi's got a discount :roll: Thankfully my husbands work is a sponsor and we managed to get four free tickets to the Fiji and Namibia match this Saturday in Rotorua, I know its a mickey mouse match but atleast the kids will experience some sort of world cup match :wink:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant wait till its over.

Im sick of seeing everything Rugby this , Rugby that, and it hasnt even started.

Be glad your baby is still a baby, I have two school aged kids, and all their homework is rugby related, this friday they are all wearing black to support the all blacks and next friday I have to go buy clothes for their adopted team colours :cofn:

My kids are really excited about it so I am taking them to see Australia vs Russia in Nelson.

Ooooh Lucky you. I wish I could see one of the greats in a Match. By Greats I mean, Allblacks, Springboks, Aussies and France :wink:

I drew Argentina and Romania in a sweepstakes, really fancy my chances lol....... :roll:

Ugh. Haha. I hope Argentina do well, randomly. I like a good wildcard.

I suddenly want to back Tonga because I am loving how into it they are!! If only winning the cup was based on how super awesome and supportive your fans are. It was hilarious driving up to Auckland the other day and seeing how many flags were on houses and cars! Gotta love them all!

I'm sooo excited, i've made a couple of sly bets on a few things to do with the cup. And I have a ridiculously huge crush on Ma'a Nonu so bring on the first game! :happy1: :happy2:

the only good thing about the world cup for me personally is that I like seeing that the council have made more effort in planted traffic islands and borders etc to make the place look pretty, and we are being sent home early on Friday to try to avoid the traffic.

Other than that I'm over it and it hasn't even started.

:yaw2: :yaw1: :yaw2: :yaw1:

I cant wait till its over.

Im sick of seeing everything Rugby this , Rugby that, and it hasnt even started.

+1

IMO its so much better than grown men sniffing the crutch of another :rotf:

how true, hahahaha

I haven't changed my mind on the matter since I saw them smiling and saying on TV tonight that they are on course to only lose over 30 million dollars. And who is paying for that? Some investment.

couldnt agree more

Can't stand it myself and doubt I could name many All Blacks. We hear about them endlessly, even when they lose :roll:

Grant has to attend all the Nelson matches, much to his disgust, but I don't think he can see the actual games from where he has to be anyway so he will happily sit and read a book or something :wink:

Gosh this is tragic. Where's the support for the country?! It's a few weeks out of the year. I get that the buildup has been annoying but not long to go now until it's all over! :facepalm:

We have a brilliant team with some excellent (and not so excellent *cough* Sonny Bill) players and if you're not a rugby or sport person maybe keep negativity to yourself and go do a water change or something more exciting?

I never understand why people who are totally uneducated on a subject, or are just plain negative say/post silly things when they could simply talk/post somewhere else about something else? :nilly:

Should I start a 'Who doesn't care about the world cup?' or 'Who has no sense of fun?' thread? :dunno:

I haven't changed my mind on the matter since I saw them smiling and saying on TV tonight that they are on course to only lose over 30 million dollars. And who is paying for that? Some investment.

But it'll be a great advertisment for the country, the flow on effects will be huge!!!! :facepalm:

People will realise what a rip off we are with the price gouging going on with accommodation, food and drink, I think its actually going to have negative effects for the country. Still, the overtime I get at work will be nice....

If it was only for a few weeks it wouldn't be so bad but it has been a never-ending relentless and constant news item that has encroached upon the news, programmes, adverts etc etc etc.

By the way, if anyone is collecting the Weetbix cards, I have 11 of them here. I was going to see if any of the kids in my daughter's school was collecting them but they are banned from school (any type of collection cards etc) as they cause fights, bullying, theft etc. So, if someone wants these, I am happy to post them to you.

I can't tell you who they are as the picture covers most of the name but I can guess some of them.