two female gouramis and chasing

shelties

Hi there,

So I got two female three spot gouramis about 5 and 6cms long and I have put them in a thirty litre quarantine tank, the bigger of the two is chasing the smaller one. Seen how it is their first day together will they settle down or will I just be better off with one female gourami and get her the company of another type of tropical fish like a female siamese fighter? Any help will this would be great. Thanks.

Do not put a fighter with a gourami.

It is a bare quarantine tank? Can you give the smaller one somewhere to hide?

Are they going to go into a larger tank? More space, plus plenty of hiding places and less line of sight may calm sown the aggressiveness of the larger fish. If that doesn't work then you will need to remove one of them

Hi again,

I got a female siamese fighter and put it in with the female gourami and they seem to be getting along fine. I had to take the other female gourami back as she was being chased terribly. Is there any reason why you shouldn't have a female siamese fighter in with the gourami? Thanks.