How to source safe moss for FB newt enclosure?

Gatito

Doing a planted firebellied newt tank, where's the best place to get mosses and ground cover, and what kinds are/aren't ok for them?

Also, any foliage recommendations other than miniature figs? Will have space for potted "bog" plants as well.

Many thanks for any replies :)

could try java moss

Thanks - Java moss is fab - I have it in the water, and it works well draped over the edge of the water onto the substrate too (using a glass partition, water on one side, potting mix/gravel on the other), but i'm concerned it will dry out and die off if i arrange it away from the water and don't make sure it stays moist. I'm gunning for it to be as low maintenance as possible, so i'm looking for suitable drier mosses that don't need to be kept too damp.

What needs to be taken into consideration when assessing plants as safe or not?

xmas moss is good but needs to be on a damp substrate (like java) or be misted, at least, daily.

sphagnum moss is good also, but i think you will find the same for most mosses, but im all ears if there is something that likes drier surroundings ...

sphag seems to need moderate to high light.

if you want live sphagneato http://www.magicmoss.co.nz/locator.asp