HELP!! FLUVAL FX5 Not restarting after impeller clean!!!

Enamouress

The pump has been working fine since i got it with a tank, kept it nice & clean but was told recently that the impeller housing needs to be unscrewed & cleaned out. Low & behold it really did need clean but now it is back together it is not working. Have tried taking off again & checking its all aligned right etc, but still wont work....before putting it back together I did a quick test of the impeller to see if it was working - which it did.

Anyone know what to do with it???

Have all my best cichlids in this tank!! &c:ry

Did you stick the impeller back together correctly? I have had the same issue with mine and it was binding up against the housing when it was stuck in because the impeller wasn't put together right I just cant for the life of me remember what I did wrong.. It is such a pain pulling it all apart and testing it..

She said the impeller is spinning before she puts it together, I had the same thing with mine.. If I could remember where my spare impeller is then I could see the part that I was sticking together wrong.. From memory I had to get a mate over and it took us ages to figure it out and there was no info on the net.. It is almost impossible to prime an FX5 incorrectly, just fill it with some water and it will pump some, that's the beauty of having the pump in the bottom.