Pretty gutted

Adrienne

Went out to my shed this morning to find 5 out of the 6 new males I purchased 11 - 16 days ago dead in their containers. The other male not looking too flash and 3 of the 4 females swimming in the same tank dead.

Ammonia spike overnight? Don't know. Everything tests clear and I water changed yesterday afternoon. Noticed last evening two of the males looked a bit quiet.

I haven't kept up my usual regime of water changes in the last two weeks but I haven't been totally slack.

The worst thing about this is that these were the replacement males to the ones I lost in the break in to my shed. I was going to grow them up to use as breeders. Guess I will now be waiting for my young to grow up instead.

Anyway I am now down to 8 tanks of fish instead of the usual 16. The positive side is that it won't take as long to feed them now.

No I don't. Its probably very much my own fault.

I watch to much ci channel, so mind usually goes into csi mode :facepalm: Its still sad though, but would an amonia spike not left traces of amonia in your water? How could it still test right ? Sometimes I don't understand deaths of fish. I had one otto die after the other, only have one left now.

nooooooooooooooooooooooo! its sucks so bad when you finally get the fish that are just a little more special to you than the others and they flag out like that. My big pair of wild variation kribs have been missing the last few days in my 6 foot, i hope they are just rasing fry and not dead :( I've only managed to get 5 babies to adults so far even though they breed every 2-3 weeks or so, i don't know what im doing wrong either!

• 10 months later...

I reading other one you say you had your fish theft. i write on the wrong story.

Went out to my shed this morning to find 5 out of the 6 new males I purchased 11 - 16 days ago dead in their containers. The other male not looking too flash and 3 of the 4 females swimming in the same tank dead.

Ammonia spike overnight? Don't know. Everything tests clear and I water changed yesterday afternoon. Noticed last evening two of the males looked a bit quiet.

I haven't kept up my usual regime of water changes in the last two weeks but I haven't been totally slack.

The worst thing about this is that these were the replacement males to the ones I lost in the break in to my shed. I was going to grow them up to use as breeders. Guess I will now be waiting for my young to grow up instead.

Anyway I am now down to 8 tanks of fish instead of the usual 16. The positive side is that it won't take as long to feed them now.

poor lady. they got the people like that in the fish.they the home invading thief, rapist, child molester type people in the fish people. the new zealand law is that home invader thief are now in that class of people. and that is the class of court penalty they get.

in my country whole street or community find them and hang them up at the end of that street as example. they dead.

and if the street or that community dose not kill them then the police will shoot them because 1 bullet is cheaper them feed and keeping the home invading thief, rapist, child molester crud in prison. but then the bullet might be better because our prison is hell on earth they say.

...and everyone is sitting there, going "riiiiiight...."

Sorry about your fish Adrienne. If I knew how to keep fighters alive, I would offer advice, but they seem to have a way of just giving up. Maybe it's the stock we have, who knows?

and if the street or that community dose not kill them then the police will shoot them because 1 bullet is cheaper them feed and keeping the home invading thief, rapist, child molester crud in prison. but then the bullet might be better because our prison is hell on earth they say.

yes true and some times they catch them and hang them up outside our shopping mall as example. we can look at them when we eat the McDs or the kfc and the JOLIBEE.

McDs no1 in the world but not in the Philippines. JOLIBEE NUMBER 1.