Internet con's

Jaxxnz

Hey people i had an Indian fellas trying to con me on the internet..

Hallooo sir..is this mr.....iam trying to repair your internet computer error..bubububub

I said sorry iam ok,

he did a quick hang up.. :an!gry

man must be his lucky day..i was busy and didnt with another customer :sml2:

HAs any here got a call from1 of these con?

a friend of mine at work got conned by this scam. they said that he had a virus that would destroy his computer and they could fix it over the internet. they got about $200 out of him (charged his credit card). he didn't realise it was a scam until it was too late to reverse the charges.

The man, whose English was very poor, tried to tell me he was from Microsoft :roll:

I was in the middle of a meeting so unable to string him along for ages as I would have done if I'd had the time. Would have cost him more in phone call costs :wink:

I told her to wait while I start the computer, took about 15 minutes to make and drink a coffee then told her to P>>> OFF

by the sound of most members here, i think we are the real cons here :slfg:

anyway couldnt the govt or computer wiz track these people down?

iam guess if they are oversea they would of used discount phone cards or some free call telecom to call us here.. :sml2:

A lot of the con emails and phone calls are being tracked but it can only be tracked to the country of origin. There are a lot of scams coming from Sierra Leone at the moment and their govt does not care what their people are doing. All that the companies here can do is shut down web pages, block phone numbers and limit what countries you are aloud to send money to (including spending money on a credit card)

my nr is not registered, so I don't get too many irritating calls. I did get one from Skye the other day, this woman kept on nagging me to get Realto channel. I kept on saying no I am not interested and she said yes but its free for a month then you just phone us and cancel it. I told her NO because I might forget to phone and then I have to pay extra, she kept on repeating herself so I said, ok ok ok I will take it, she said just a few minutes....its been activated could you check so and so channel, I said yes its on, so she said is there anything else I can help you with. I said yes I would like to cancel Realto its not really for us, she kept quiet I said could I please cancel now, she said yes and said check your channel is it off, I said yes and hung up :facepalm:

i had some jehovah witnesses turn up..where hear to tell you about the good lord. :roey: .i said ok. :roey: i carie on doing my water change.while they babble on...when they finnsh 10 minntes later.now its my turn. :evil: .i show them all my tanks.on each one..did my babble about the fish etc..two and half hours later...they said are you intressded in jioning the chucrh..why whould i.. what do you have that i dont have rigth hear..my sancturay rigth hear...look around..

you should of see there faces they thought i was intressed in jioning but was more intressed

to show off my fishy... :happy1:

i havnt see them shice..ive got more fishy now.. :evil: :evil: :gigl: :gigl:

i had some jehovah witnesses turn up..where hear to tell you about the good lord. :roey: .i said ok. :roey: i carie on doing my water change.while they babble on...when they finnsh 10 minntes later.now its my turn. :evil: .i show them all my tanks.on each one..did my babble about the fish etc..two and half hours later...

for alot of hackers that do it they use diffent wireless hotspots overseas changes there ip address and keep driving around the block while buying stuff with the credit card etc makes it near impossible to track where they are and where from

This isn't just some casual hackers, it's a large well organised outfit. The Guardian paper traced some calls to a call centre in India.