Tornado in north shore?

Zayne

Getting home was crazy, all the lights are out and emergency vehicles everywhere. Apparently there was a tornado by the harbor bridge just after i went over it. Powers out in a lot of areas. Thankfully we still have it here.

One person dead apparently, and others injured :o:o:cry:

Was just at Pak n save earlier today. Small tornados are fairly common in auckland, but don't usually hit populated malls :o so don't often make the news as its usually roofs and fences down.

We had one go through my mums place a few years ago, trashed everything in a 1.5m wide path, went past my sleeping baby's window with about a metre to spare.

Scary stuff. Hope all the north shore fish people are safe.

Wow, literally a 2 minute drive from me. They exaggerated the conditions in the city, it was pretty calm, also the traffic level. Haven't visited Albany yet, but I will stay away I think :cofn:

Both henward and myself live pretty close to this, kinda weird having it on the backdoor.

Just checked the map of the tornado path, and apparently it passed about 200m from our house :o Tho am skeptical of their mapping skills, I didn't hear anything thru the pouring rain.

Feels totally surreal. Went to the supermarket today.... freaky to think there is a big hole in the roof now.

Ah yes but it did get the boat yard!

Pretty freaky. I managed to get hold of my daughter who has just got her restricted licence and tell her to get off the motorway in time as she was heading over the bridge to visit her boyfriend on the north shore. For once she actually listened to me. Fortunately there was one exit left before she was committed to the bridge and the traffic jam.

Good thing your daughter answered her phone while driving!

Appears cell phones can save lives after all :P

Ah yes but it did get the boat yard!

Pretty freaky. I managed to get hold of my daughter who has just got her restricted licence and tell her to get off the motorway in time as she was heading over the bridge to visit her boyfriend on the north shore. For once she actually listened to me. Fortunately there was one exit left before she was committed to the bridge and the traffic jam.