Sad Fish :-(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate these auctions. My first ever tank was a little 40l jebo which I overstocked pretty quickly with small fish, and then got a bigger tank and felt really stupid about being overly excited about my first when they got a nice case of whitespot, never again. I don't know how he can look at his tank and think they're fine when they look as if they can hardly turn around. They seriously need laws against ignorant owners of any animals, wouldn't you have at least made plans to upgrade when they got huge. :o

I think it is a case of lack of understanding more than a case of intended cruelty. You have to remember that in many countries overseas fish are kept like this and no one seems to find a fault with it.

I think you will find that tm will do nothing as there is actually no category there for cruelty to animal related matters. In my experience, if the category is not listed they generally ignore the complaint as you can imagine how many come through to them each day.

You would need to report the seller to the SPCA to gain a response.

All I hope is that someone who knows, purchases and then either has the space to house the fish in more tanks or can look after them until they on sell them or give them away. At least you have tried to make the seller aware of the issue of overstocking and hopefully they will look at the link you have given.

IMO Well done for trying anyway but its probably not worth more of you being blacklisted although potentially all that means is that you can not trade with the seller who blacklisted you.

aww poor fish, I think fish shops need to stop selling fish that are bigger than 20cm, either that or they need to come with a 10page information pack on how to care for them at the least.

.. its the same with those catfish people buy when they are really cute then after a year they are 25cm in a 90cm tank... its irresponsible for both the buyer an the seller...