OSAMA IS DEAD

TBH I think they would have been better to cover it up and pretend they were still looking for him, all this hype and flag waving is just adding fuel to the fire and helping radical Islam recruit more radicals now they have a martyr to champion.

Yeah but Obama needs the ratings boost.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he is extremely hated in America and the world but the way the celibrated a persons death is kinda sad. Silence would have commemorated it better IMO. Celebrating it is probably exactly what he did 9/11.

:facepalm:

It's disgusting because people are publicly celebrating a death in a jingoistical exaggerated fashion. This is not something that the west is used to and is usually frowned upon.

Fox media coverage showed an all white crowd ( probably not on purpose ) celebrating like mad.

A young Jihadist watching that would get his blood boiling I am sure.

I feel for the Americans and their losses, but there is a difference between celebrating revenge and bringing an "evil man" to justice.

What were the alternatives? Who decided this man was guilty and not just the "face man"? Has this set a precedence for all future bad men?

I see nothing good to come of this at all.

I would be jumping for joy if somebody who was responsible for the deaths of thousands of new zealanders was killed, i can see where the americans are coming from. I guess we'll never know if it were actually possible to take him alive as opposed to killing him :dunno:

I know he is extremely hated in America and the world but the way the celibrated a persons death is kinda sad. Silence would have commemorated it better IMO. Celebrating it is probably exactly what he did 9/11.

:facepalm:

I have to agree. Celebrations don't sit well with me at all. Relief is probably more appropriate.

I felt the same way when Godafi's son was reported dead - it is a sad situation on many levels, not one to be celebrated at all.

i am sure that taking him alive would have been the objective, as they would have rather kept him in a jail than matyred him. Death for the cause is an honour for him, which was why it would have been near impossible to catch him alive.

I was jumping for joy when I heard he was dead. Only regret is that it seems he didn't suffer when he did die.

On Sept 11, 2001 I remember sitting with my mum in front of the TV shivering and shaking in fear that dad was at the office in the twin towers. It was mere luck that he had left his captain's license on the ship and they had to turn back. We heard from him and the company a few days later; but never will I forget the sense of loathing I felt when I saw Osama's picture on the TV.

I would agree with that thought Sunbird, except for the fact that they report as knowing his whereabouts then bombing the place by drone and then moving in to get him and shooting him in the head. Then disposing of the body without any proof.

So the rest of the world had since forgotten about the guy and just become accustom to the U.S.'s presence in the Middle East.

They find him, kill him, take no evidence and make a matyr out of him. That leaves it to open for the U.S. to be "attacked" again and then invade whomever they say attacked them.

All too conspiracy theory for me but it does raise eyebrows.

It is not like the guy would go quietly that is understandable. But The Bin Laden family is very powerful and have been strong investors within the United States for a long time.

Wouldn't you want to return the body to them so they can mourn him. I hope those reports are false and that there can be at least some truth from a formal inquiry.

Hussein Killed thousands more than Osama did and he got to stand trial in two countries.

This all just seems fishy to me. :happy1:

I understand that P44, I really do. But there is no proof that he was "behind" the attacks we only know him as the front man. If he was behind it then how behind it was he, these questions we will never know. and to be fair we don't actually know he is dead.

How would you feel if your jumping up and down with joy was filmed and then shown on the news in the middle east and then edited by extremist recruiters and shown to young Muslims in an effort to get pay back or Osamas death. And that jumping for joy of the death of a man that we know nothing about was directly related to the next attack.

We live in the west, this is not a tit for tat society. We don't fill the streets and chant USA at the death of one man, even though countless others died to get him.

It makes for a very ill society when we act like those that we are trying to stop.

This is not the end of the war on terror.

”I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” Martin Luther King Jr.

”I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” Martin Luther King Jr.

Wow, thank you for this quote! Brilliant.

Top 10 things that will inevitably happen now that Osama Bin Laden is dead:

10. President Obama will resist the urge (and succeed) to use this accomplishment during his 2012 presidential campaign.

9. Terrorists across the world give up their crazy ways due to the loss of their spiritual leader.

8. Julian Assange will be out of a job since there will be no more government secrets to uncover.

7. ‘Osama’ will once again become a popular choice as a first name.

6. You can now carry your oversized bottle of mouthwash onto an airplane.

5. The ‘random’ airport passenger searches will now be actually random.

4. Democracy will sweep across the Middle East.

3. Al Qaeda will be completely incapacitated since Bin Laden was personally instructing every terrorist across the world.

2. Rivio Mobile will release Angry Birds Abbottabad.

1. There will now be 40 fewer virgins in heaven.

http://blog.sarcasmsociety.com/world/top-10-things-that-will-inevitably-happen-now-that-osama-bin-laden-is-dead.html

Although good riddance to him...

I love that his body has already been thrown into the sea. Something can't be right. Guess we'll never really know.

It's disgusting that everyone is celebrating. I've hated watching the news today, it's one of those things where you completely lose faith in mankind. He obviously wasn't a nice guy but really?

Guess we'll see what happens over the next few months.

:spop:

This is not the end of the war on terror.

In some ways the "War on Terror" will never end, there will be another person who feels hate towards a key figure or country and will commit an act of terror.

Osama Bin Laden was just a face of al Qaeda, if America wanted to do start the demise of "al Qaeda"they need to take out the 2nd, 3rd and 4th in command.

The celebration of his death will just create more retaliation agianst America and its Allies.. i Guess we will have to wait and see what happens in the coming months :dunno:

The truth probably is that he died of pneumonia in a cave in afganistan about 5 yrs ago

and this story is just to cover up the money they have wasted since then looking for him

:slfg: Probably

He was just a figurehead. Did the USA go away when JFK was assasinated?

There would bne too many things that could be said at a trial that would make Assange look like a saint. They had no intention of taking him as a prisoner and he had no intention of being taken prisoner. Why would he want to miss out on 20 virgins?

The ‘random’ airport passenger searches will now be actually random.
One thing that happened (or not) to me after 9/11 was I was no-longer in the profile group to be patted down/shoes off/can you open your bag please/...

I almost thought it was the norm for everybody, then it just stopped. No longer was the young, long haired, anarchist the one to be afraid of.

I to am saddened at the way the "US" has acted, Osama never in the days after 9/11 put his hand up and said "I did this...". On countless other times in the Middle East/Africa he did. Does thes point to the 'fact' that hes wasn't behind the attacks?

um... I think he did claim responsibility for the 911 attacks... and was pretty happy with how well they went :-?

December 13, 2001: Washington releases a video recording in which bin Laden claims responsibility for the September 11 attacks and says they were beyond his expectations.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137095,00.html

Yeah he did claim responsibility but at what end?

In the same way that Obama claims responsibility for killing him?

Just because he says it does not mean that it is true.

Regardless, it is common acceptance that he did have a hand in it somehow, I just wonder about the questions that we need answers to.

From the news report tonight ( albeit TV3 which I consider somewhere between Fox News and Stuff.co.nz ) They said that that he was in a room with a female and he refused to come of his own accord ( no mention of him having weapons ect ) so they shot him twice in the head and then buried him at sea, while the President and Mrs Clinton watched via satellite.

This is getting interesting, I can't wait to see how this story develops. No doubt more of the story will unfold as the U.S. sees fit to release it.

What picture of his body ? Do you mean the potatoshoped on doing the rounds on the net? If there is a link can you PM me rather than posting it here.