guppies post your pics

myfishybuisness

Black Lutino Endler:

DSCN9313_BlackLutinoEndler.jpg

*Click image to play video*

As you may know, Albinos (Real Red Eye Albino = RREA) have red eyes because they can not produce melanin (black pigment) and therefore we can see the blood flowing through their eyes. Lutinos (Wine Red Eye Albino = WREA) on the other hand can produce a tiny, tiny amount of melanin that's whey their eyes are dark red.

I managed to push natures limits to it's max and bred a fish that still has red eyes but shows a lot of black on it's body.

Cheers,
JaSa

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Fantastic pics & fish JaSa. The scarlet endlers are beautiful little gems, and the black lutinos are fascinating, such a contrast with the red eyes and black body.

You wouldn't have a few Jap Blue DS for sale in the future, would you? I've been working on a line from an import male but they are not very robust and some extra stock to work with would be a a huge help. A pair of scarlet Endlers would be rather nice too!!:D:hail:  Do the females have any colour in the tail?

Another lot of fry of the JB DS was born yesterday. Will see if there are any good males in there. If that's the case you are welcome to some if you pay freight. Have an albino line of them as well but it comes with the usual problems. Should cross them with Lutino instead to be honest...

Scarlet's still under development and don't really want to give unfinished lines out, sorry. The females have a very, very light red dusting on their tails but it is only visible if the light is right. Need to introduce Blond to make the red really pop.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening :)
A bunch of Black Moscows is coming up for sale soon. Pair $15 but need to send half grown as adult males don't travel well. Tiger Endler for $10 a pair. Also bunch of Moscow Magentas coming up for sale - but no male looks exactly the same which makes it interesting in my eyes. Would ask $15 pair for them.

• 8 months later...

Still more cool guppies! Love the Gull-Wing Panda, did you set out to make them or they just popped up? The Koi strain look like albinos? I'm working with a blond strain right now, though still carrying albino, they seem a bit more robust than the albinos I started with, but the colour is more orangey-red.

The Pandas are a side project from my Black Lutino I am working on. Right from the first mutation within my Red Chest Endlers the single female back then was Lutino and Pink and it has taken 4 years for the two traits to separate due to a crossing over. Pink combined with Moscow gives you Pandas. The Gull Wing got introduced through my Full White Platinums by accident when a male jumped tanks and had a bit of fun with some Lutino Panda females. I first wanted to dump them but thought I see what happens. It did a great job putting Black on the fins so I just keep them as they are. Work on the Black Lutinos continues which is hard because the Midnight gen can be lethal when you take it too far. Need to take a picture of my breeding male as he is pretty close to full black - with red eyes :)

The Koi are Albino, yes. Only Albino can express the white like we know it from Koi Carps. Not many Koi females have been imported so at the moment there are two lines. One is Koi males crossed with HB females and the resulting F1 females crossed back to the Koi father. This will give you 50% original Albino Koi females in F2 but takes +6 month and the first fry is expected next week. HB because it is dominant and every female that expresses it has no X chromosome from the Koi strain. And the other line is with the only two imported females. That way you will get a wider and healthier variety of pure Koi females for the future as you created your females (XX) out of different males (XY) which hopefully contributed slightly different X's. But bottom line is that Albino is Albino and are always a bit tricky...

I bred my original 2 koi males to 2 blonde redtailed females and one of the females produced 3-4 koi (ie red markings on the head) females, and the same of males out of 30-40 fry in the F1 each time, which I wasn't expecting to be honest. I know someone else who did the same thing and also got 10-15% koi-marked fish. I've crossed F1 males & females and they are due to drop in a week or so.  Will be interested to see the result, but the females are still quite young so not expecting many fry this time.

Yep - but don't forget that the Koi expression is not only defined by localized red traits. It also needs the trait LE (Phil Shaddock - leucophore body) which makes up the white body. And as you stated before ("...the colour is more orangey-red"), this is already missing in your fish. Switching to Albino will help but LE is still required for the original look as leucophores reflect all the light back in a scattered way, which makes up the dull white body without the metallic shine as we know it from Full White Platinums.

That's why I usually go for a totally unrelated, very visible, dominant trait in the initial females to single out any X that is not from the original strain.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Bit of an update....

Full White Albino Platinum:
687t.jpg688t.jpg

Have the same strain but in Blond which is not quite as nice.

Silky Blue:
689t.jpg707t.jpg

Easy to breed.

Sulphur Lutino Endler:
690t.jpg695t.jpg696t.jpg708t.jpg709t.jpg

Something new and the pictures don't do them any justice. Best yellow I have ever seen in a guppy.

Metalhead Lutino:
691t.jpg692t.jpg694t.jpg698t.jpg

Another variety of the Lutinos.

Japan Blue Fire Tail:
699t.jpg

This is something new I have been working on for 9 month now. Combines Y-linked JB with X-linked LE.

Koi Guppies:
700t.jpg702t.jpg703t.jpg

Plenty of them around now in Albino and non-albino.

• 1 year later...
On 11/10/2012 at 11:46 PM, JaSa said:

Pretty quiet here so I thought I add some of my guppies...

This one here has got the base colour Blue ('rr' which means no Red can be shown on body - not sure which blue it is since there is more then one known):

RZA62D.jpg 5V4C9D.jpg D34S8.jpg

Old boy by now but together with a few albino-blond ('aabb') females to hopefully create basecolour White ('aabbrr' - only 1 out of 15 fish in theory) in F2. I found him in the feeder tank full of "cold water guppies" and since I never saw this basecolour before in NZ I bought him. Because there was no maching female I first put him together with a blond female and these are a few sons of him in F2 ('bbrr'):

QXS284.jpg MJ7PWQ.jpg HKHKP.jpg EFDLPP.jpg

My goal is to have a short finned White guppy with only the iridophores showing a silver-white glitter on the body.

Then I have a few Albino Guppies swimming around:

8EADY9.jpg A9WZ8G.jpg

Don't like the long tails but the strain is very healthy and is a good source of the albino-gen to play with. Not really selecting them at the moment and they just take care of themselfes.

No Guppies but nice anyway - my 'Bleeding Heart' Platy's:

122BY2.jpg 92NQ98.jpg

Quality of the females is bad but I have to secure this strain before I start selecting for best colour and pattern. Long term goal is to get the albino-gen from swordtails and have a "Albino Bleeding Heart" Platy.

And of course favourites - the cute Leopard Fish:

6PWB47.jpg D4NJJ9.jpg

Will post more pictures if one of the rare White Guppies gets finally dropped and makes it to adult stage...

Cheers,

JaSa

Hey there do you still have these 

• 5 months later...