guppies post your pics

myfishybuisness

Nothing a scalpel can't fix alanmin4304,

The way it works is you run 2 strains and cross the normal male into the female Swallow, a bit of a snip does work.

I've seen Platinum magenta albino's swallows selling for $35.00USD + for a reverse trio ( swallow male and female + a normal male ), so some one must like them. :fshi:

• 1 month later...

A little update out of the new fish room:

TMSJB.jpg

This one fell out of my Asia Blau strain in the 4th generation of inbreeding. Will try to setup a new line with him since he is a really nice double sword.

72HPG.jpg KWGFX.jpg CT46A.jpg

Two very nice looking young Black Bar Endler. I like the pattern on their caudal fins.

YAAE1E.jpg EDALHP.jpg

Probably in F6 of my Black Bar Endler two blond ones showed up. They are still very young and it is hard to tell how the male will look like once fully matured. But worth setting up another tank for them :)

NFLKEN.jpg NHXUK.jpg DFSQ4D.jpg DQR9NF.jpg MSHGC.jpg

Red Chest Endler are just so cute...

JGXUEZ.jpg VGR9MG.jpg

The "Blue Flames" are now more mature and some of them are turning more into a green-ish look. Others are showing pretty ugly caudal fins. That's the reason to wait for maturity and then pick the best male.

52AQJL.jpg 5H89D9.jpg

Nice Brimstone Swallow Tail female. Just the bottom part of the caudal fin is more extended then the upper half which isn't ideal.

EPM2Q.jpg

Random male of the Tiger Platies.

Cheers,

JaSa

• 2 months later...

Interesting female with black spot on both of her sides:

QYFNBQ.jpg

Tail still needs a lot of work:

29UNYA.jpg UAE7JM.jpg 1BTRL.jpg

Youngsters:

8Z38EQ.jpg YW6N9.jpg RPW2P.jpg

First in NZ; Black Bar Endler Guppy with Elongatus (extended dorsal fin) trait:

L326E.jpg Y7BJ58.jpg L8F79B.jpg

First in NZ; Red Chest Endler Guppy with Bronze base colour:

X56M8V.jpg

HB + Pink (breed by caserole):

WTKHTB.jpg

Hopefully (!!!) Japan Blue trait (breed by caserol):

MBN2XU.jpg TWC5F8.jpg

Blond Magenta (breed by caserol):

4Z6RUS.jpg

Not really tested, however as you know most Tail shape gene's are on the X chromosome.

For members reading this and not versed in guppy colour gene's please note the Grass gene ( black specks in the tail resembling grass seeds ) is well known to be X linked ( = on the Female Chromosome ).

The original imported male, a "Pink Lady Guppy" - could also be named an AOC ( Any Other Colour ) Japan blue Red Grass or plainly a Japan Blue Red Grass Guppy, has a delta Tail

dad147a4-af67-4c72-a0e6-b83fb0e0970e_zps15235386.jpg

The Mother was suspected to be a HM or OHM ( Over half Moon ) , please realise the fish are not flaring their tails showing it's true shape.

DSC_0002_zps7da65bc4.jpg

Here is one of the Males I kept, as you can see his tail has a very different shape from it's father. And as he is clearly carrying the Japan Blue Gene and the females are not related the J.B Gene must be on the Y chromosome in this case ( It can also be X linked ).

97a48c33-4928-4a15-9e48-7c664e4de706_zps17f8fc2b.jpg

Here is another picture.

It was supposed to be a son of an AOC Chilli Red frilled OHM Guppy, In stead I ended up with a Chilli Red Platinum, the only thing I can think happened is the female was impregnated prior to being imported and I was super lucky.

998c06f9-a1be-4f11-ab48-517cd903a61d_zps096a1cb6.jpg

So back to your Question,

Tested?
No, but All the fish breed to these females develop a HM / OHM tail.

As far as I know there are no tail shape genes that are Autosomal (Autosomal genes are genes not Sex Linked and past on to fry irrelevant of sex ) - all are sex linked X or Y, there for it would suggest the HM Gene is X linked.

Do you agree ?

As far as I know there are no tail shape genes that are Autosomal (Autosomal genes are genes not Sex Linked and past on to fry irrelevant of sex ) - all are sex linked X or Y.

What about Swallow and Merah? :)

I hope you did not think I was saying the Japan Blue Gene was X linked,

Yes, I did, sorry :bow:

As you know, way easier to transfer it into another strain. That's why I got so excited, haha. But Y is fine, only means a few generations more...

Cheers,

JaSa

Wow stunning looking fish Caserole.

Good to see some nice fish being breed. Im still at the start trying to find some nice pairs. but very limited up here in Kerikeri. I have lots or inbreed guppy's but it look like the males have reverted back to maybe wild type looking more like some form of endler. But i was using them for turtle food as some had half orange tails etc and didn't look that great to me. please keep the pics coming of your nice fish. :cophot: