Wilsons (soon to be) frog tank

wilson

Hey all been a long time from my last post.

me and a flat mate got some tadpole's a few weeks ago from a pet shop down here and there just at the stage where they can climb out of water :happy1:

judgeing from size and colour i think there Whistling tree frogs. but i have a few questions

is a small exoterra terrium an ok size for 4 of these little guys once there hopping arround?

and i was thinking of putting a few small carnivirous plants (sundue and a pitcher) and a few (small) tree branches in for them would this cause any problems? tank will be lit with a small jebo clip on light and most likely have a sphagnum moss does anybody else use sphagnum moss with their frogs?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice :hail:

not sure about carnivorous plants. whistlers are darn small when first morphed, i wouldnt put a venus fly trap in there anyway.

branches should be ok

exo terra should be fine for whistlers. can always go bigger later on.

sphagnum is ok for a couple of months then rots and smells funky :lol:

Live would be all good, providing growing conditions are suitable.

i just put daltons propagating sand for substrate (big rocks under to make mounds or if want deeper substrate etc) then xmas moss ontop, as long as you mist every few days it grows a nice lawn.

Hi,

I would *definitely* not use any sort of sundew/butterwort or venus flytrap (VFT). If by 'pitcher plant' you mean Sarracenia then you might get away with it as frogs seem to able to escape from the traps on these. Nepenthes really aren't suitable for most terraria.

In short, I'd put the carnivorous plants on the windowsill (where most kinds will do fine) and have other things (mosses/ferns/low growing other plants) in the frog tank.

Andrew.