Another Newbie

Enamouress

Hey there, well I was given a 36L tank a few months and so it began....;-) That houses a lovely fighter and some neons.

I then inherited a 200L tank which became a community Cichlid tank. There have been a few hiccups along the way and some not so successful advice but now here I am in what seems a deep pond of knowledge hehe.

I have discovered my fish of choice are Jack Dempseys and managed to get a nice young female carrying the blue gene and am in the process of finding her a man. I have a young pair in their own smaller tank and also a nice male that so far has not paired up with my female. So I figure if I get a bunch of youngsters, preferably blue, and put them in my 120L with my female they may just pair up! Then I can rehome some if need be - not the blues though (I'm currently trying to rehome the Convicts who came with the 120L)

Anyway, it's been a mix of fun & frustration, but mostly fun ;-)

We are a mum & bub team - I have a 1yr old daughter who loves the fish and fish shops almost as much as i do.

I am hoping that we can enjoy these glorious creatures and also let them help us pay some bills!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...