How long to aclimatise this beta ? PHOTOS's to see now (3/2

BikBok

Just picked up a new boy this evening, he's floating in the tank now but i noticed his water felt a lot warmer than my tank.

So i took the temp and it was 30.5oC after traveling 15 minutes so who knows what it was before. My tank is 26oC.

Also his pH is 6.2 and mine is 6.8 - that's quite a difference

The water temp and pH that he's used to is a lot different to mine, so how long should i be acclimatising him for... i usually do it over the course of an hour but will he need longer?

thanks

Ooo what kind is he and where from? :D Pics please!

Just do as you normally do with fish, he's new so try and balance it out as much as possible. I do 50% cold tap water changes on Betta fry and they're fine but it's not my fish so be as careful as you feel needed.

I'll get some photos up tomorrow if I can.

Can two females live in the same tank? (AR850)

Jaimee still wants a green betta!

I haven't seen or managed to breed a true dark green betta for a long long time. May be wishful thinking and even if there are some around, no one will be telling.

Two females are fine, the more the better though, spreads the agro. How green does she want?

just as long as it looks green.. not a maybe it's green.

She was originally looking for a metallic green male but just any green now.

Since we've now got a male.. it will have to be a female to put in the community tank with my other HM female betta and guppies etc.

here he is... as you can see he is not green at all!

BikBok-floodtha-pyo.jpg

his dorsal fin sort of folds over at the top when he's not flaring. Like a bend , hard to explain it!

BikBok-floodthc-0fu.jpg

how would you describe his colour?.. this is probably the most accurate, though the blue looks a bit less obvious in some lights.

BikBok-floodthd-b7o.jpg

It was really hard to coordinate the camera with a flare, but this was the end of a flare and I didn't really notice the red until he was flaring.

BikBok-floodthb-fj7.jpg

I kept missing the best shots with everything up and dramatic lol.. his tail really does look much better than I've captured it. I'm not sure if it's "tatty" or if that's just the look. Adrienne , is this a std halfmoon?