feeding a borneo tiger

plecs

Hi,

have a borneo tiger that is getting a bit slim and needs plumping up. have been feeding him neons, but this isnt really a great solution! he doesnt seem to like bloodworms.

Has anyone got any suggestions? have most frozen food available, but no live food (other than other fish!).

thanks for your help (in advance) :bow:

plecs

Sorry Plecs, but unless someone else comes up with a solution wouldn't know what to suggest other than live food (fish). I also have a Borneo Tiger and it wont take anything except other fish (normally neons). I've tried frozen, worms, insects, mussels. I believe live food is the only way to go.

Regards

Robbie

as alan said earth worms ,

i feed mine everything , bloodworm , pellets, live food, mussels, live food....platies, goldfish, fresh water guppys (they are great you can breed them in a pond and feed them out), i only feed feeder fish and get alot of bags because my lung fish and tiger eat lots in one day and then i dont feed them for 4-6days

NO

The taddies go pop and they don't like doing that.

Also there is a dearth of frogs, so how about trying to look after them.(frogs)

Just had to growl at a young visitor about doing exactly the same thing.

Save our FROGS.

Starve a Frenchman.

Alan 104

How long do you starve him for before trying other foods?? try giving him nothing for a few days, then he'll probably jump at a cube of bloodworms! IMO live fish should only be used as an occasional treat, not a staple diet.

How big/old is the tiger? How big is the tank? etc etc

thanks guys,

he was starving when i fed him the bloodworms, and he didnt touch that! he has had a great feed today, lots of little fish, things with funny tails etc. He probably wont need more for a couple of days!

will try the earthworms, if i am wriggling it on a string, what if he swallows the string too! :lol:

he isnt that big, neon is a good size fish for him, the penguin tetra was a bit big!

thanks again

plecs

I have a large borneo tiger, he is a fussy eater but eats very well. I only feed him once every 2-3 days. he usually eats a dozen or more shrimps a feed or a dozen or so pieces of beef heart about half an inch square. On the odd occasion i will feed him live earthworms but he will only eat these if he is hungry. I do not feed him live feeders.

I have him in a 5' tank to which he is the sole occupant, he will kill anything I try adding to the tank. He did get on with a fire eel for a while and I could probably get away with a large pleco. The only other option that I could get away with is maybe add another 3 or 4 tigers of a simular size.

If you want tankmates for your tiger, you have to raise them together as juveniles otherwise you end up in the situation that I am in.

:Hey i feed my indo tiger uncooked prawn or ox heart he seems to love them,some days he likes the prawn other days he likes the ox heart i guesse it depends on his mood, they can be very finicky when it comes to eating, feeders can be expensive too unless you breed them for that purpose and ox heart is only a couple of bucks from the super market.