Ooohh... Earthquake

Zev

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is gutted to hear about the number of people who have died so far :( News footage is not good.. I hope everyone from here is ok there is only 1 or 2 I haven't got in touch with yet (marklb and Nav if anyone has heard from them).

well tbh who couldn't see it coming, that last earthquake saga should have been a warning

Lots of people were thinking they already had the "once in a 100 yr quake" so were in the safe and could carry on with their lives with no issues..

Most of us are safe, dodgy internet, power, phone and water. Haven't heard from Alan despite lots of trying but roads are closed around me at the moment so I can't get out. I think we have accounted for most others in the area, heavy damages but no major injuries to report. I have room for 4-6 if anyone needs a bed and I have power and can house fish if anyone needs it. Also, if anyone needs help to find missing people, let me know. Txt seems to be most reliable at the moment.

Most of us are safe, dodgy internet, power, phone and water. Haven't heard from Alan despite lots of trying but roads are closed around me at the moment so I can't get out. I think we have accounted for most others in the area, heavy damages but no major injuries to report. I have room for 4-6 if anyone needs a bed and I have power and can house fish if anyone needs it. Also, if anyone needs help to find missing people, let me know. Txt seems to be most reliable at the moment.

Good to see you are safe and still offering help :)

Is there much structural damage to your property?

I can't get through to my father down there. He's 88 years old and lives alone. I do hope he's okay. He's in Bishopdale so heres hoping.

We're all hoping along with you Adrienne, please keep us updated once you hear back from him. I'm sure he's ok. My sister is in Chch as well and she said that the shaking wasn't really really bad so the main thing is how sturdy your father's house is. If it's strong then I'm sure he's ok.

Hearts out to Cantabs, just when it was getting better this happens. I will donate my blood and some money to help you out!

I am in the north island but if anyone needs any help I will do what I can, I can house fish and will be donating blood tomorrow. My thoughts are with everyone down there

In regards to donating blood, please check the NZ Blood website/facebook. They're alright for blood stock at the moment. There was a little bit of misinformation going around.

We're all hoping along with you Adrienne, please keep us updated once you hear back from him. I'm sure he's ok. My sister is in Chch as well and she said that the shaking wasn't really really bad so the main thing is how sturdy your father's house is. If it's strong then I'm sure he's ok.

Thanks. I managed to get hold of him just after 7pm. He'd been trying to get through to me as well. :D He's fine, he said he had to hold on firmly so that he wasn't toppled off his feet but fortunately he was at home when it hit and not out walking. His house is okay, 5 ornaments broken. In the Sept one all his pictures came down and smashed and his tv went flying across the lounge. Bishopdale is nearly as far away from the main quake area as you can get in ChCh so he's been lucky so far.

My husband said in early October that he wouldn't be surprised if a volcano popped up somewhere either on the plains or in Lyttelton Harbour so we will see if it in fact does happen.

Pretty scary and the trouble is that if you live there you really can't just up and leave.

Hi all, glad to hear that (mostly) everyone and their fish are okay. I am an ex-pat Cantab, so really feeling it for you all (and me!) &c:ry If there is _anything_ that I can do for people from up here in dorkers, please just say the word. I've got lots of gear – heaters, filters, etc. that I could ship down if necessary.

Well i came home to axolotls half dead on the floor and every fish tank with fish in it broken most dead only barbs and senegal birchir left and no water coming out of tap so had to use old pond water for injured axies and no heat either for fish!

Me and my friend were loking at the foot path when an aftershock happend and water just came gushing out of the foot path! Roads are a wreck and heaps of flooding if u dont have 4wd you might not get through some parts! Living in sumner when the after shock was in lytilton is not good