Ooohh... Earthquake

Zev

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but he said there are dead bodies in the street and they can't get their vehicle out of the car park building so a friend is going to try and get them home :(

Oh god how terrible. I've seen a bit of footage on the tv in the office. They had an aftershock live on tv and people were screaming, running and the camera quickly panned to the Cathedral church were more of it was falling to the ground. Sent shivers down my spine both times I saw it. Absolutely horrible.

Very little damage at their house, thank goodness. A lot of water out of the tanks again but nothing major broken this time. They borrowed a friend's car to get home. No idea when they can get theirs (or what condition it is in) from the car park building i town.

I hear the Copthorne Hotel has collapsed with many trapped inside :cry:

It was severely damaged last time I think.

If there is anything any of us can do for those of you affected, even if it is accommodation away from shaky ground!, just ask.

Caryl, apparently its not the Copthorne, it was the PGG building. Over 200 people work in those offices, including Marsh Insurance brokers who we deal with a bit.. :(

I could offer accommodation for a couple of people maybe, we don't have a spare bed, we do have an airbed though... and the spare room is a bit of a mess at the moment.. but the most important thing is that its not shaking.

Look guys, his (dennis's) tank is completely broken - Need temp accomodation for L191 pleco and some acaras / firemouths and BGK.

House is likely uninhabitable.

Can any one down there help? txt me on 0272493674 and ill put you in touch with him.

hope everyone else out there is ok.

Look guys, his (dennis's) tank is completely broken - Need temp accomodation for L191 pleco and some acaras / firemouths and BGK.

House is likely uninhabitable.

Can any one down there help? txt me on 0272493674 and ill put you in touch with him.

hope everyone else out there is ok.

Phoenix that is terrible, I wish I could help, but I am here on the North island :tears: but if I can help in any way from here I offer my help to anyone needing it