Tanklog of a ~400L 1200mm Native Tank - New photos 02/07/12

blueether

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from being fussy eaters my five have all survived in my aquarium for about 4-5 months. They won't eat flake food though....

How's your koura?

The 8 that I caught would only eat diatoms and sift the sand for a very long time and slowly starved until there were only about 4 left. of them another two never put weight back on, then the cat got one of the last two when they were outside.

The koura died about a year ago after a long ongoing infection in it's carapace

Sounds like you've had a bit of bad luck in the last year, so what fish and how many do you currently have in the tank?

Yeah, but that is the hobby

There are

two torrentfish

three redfin - two male*

countless common and Cran's

one shoe string (caught as post elver, just got colour)

one giant bully

then the two stars the giant kokopu

and the goldspot is back in there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

After 5 years of having this tank set up I've bitten the bullet and closed down the natives. After the pump for the chiller died at the height of summer and the tank hit 27 or 28 deg and losing most of the fish I kept it going with just the eel, 2 mullet, and about 5 bullies.

But with the arrival of our first child I need the room that the 3 tropical tanks were using of have moved all the natives to a SS tank out side (about 300L) and are moving all the tropicals into the 400L.

When We move house and I have the space I'll set up another native setup... One place we looked at would have been perfect with a concrete basement room off the under house garage, it also had a terraced garden that would have turned into a wonderful stream next to the BBQ area but the rooms were just too small...