LED LIGHTING QUESTION????? plus NANO tank pics

wibby

here are some pics of my little nano at 3 months!

whilst i have your attention i should ask peoples oppinion on switching to LED's for the tank, it currently has 48 watts of pc ligting but i have found some LED lights online that have the following specs....

if i get two it would have

28 watts

1360 lumens

70 pcs white LED colour temp 11000K-13000K

28 blue LED wavelength 460-475nm

Now will this give me better quality lighting, or would it equate to less lighting than i have now???

1.jpg

4.jpg

Tank, fish and corals look great. :D

I don't (and never have) kept saltwater but If everything is going smoothly and the corals are thriving I'd stick with your current lighting rather than risk a change but as I say I no nothing about saltwater lighting.

• 4 weeks later...

Your nano looks great! Is there any reason why you want to switch up to LED?

If you were wanting to start looking at stocking acros or other light intensive corals then so be it, but if you just wanted to stock softies then what you have is fine.

Also have you looked at BSLEDs? I picked up a 90w unit for my 60l nano and the lighting improvement is insane.

here are some pics of my little nano at 3 months!

whilst i have your attention i should ask peoples oppinion on switching to LED's for the tank, it currently has 48 watts of pc ligting but i have found some LED lights online that have the following specs....

if i get two it would have

28 watts

1360 lumens

70 pcs white LED colour temp 11000K-13000K

28 blue LED wavelength 460-475nm

Now will this give me better quality lighting, or would it equate to less lighting than i have now???

Assuming you have reasonable reflectors and the lights haven't weakened too much with age your current setup is probably producing somewhere in the region of 3000 lumens.

Wow that tank is awesome :hail:

I think you should just stick to the lighting you are using - you are obviously having a lot of success with it. I think you'd need something brighter if you are going to keep hard corals, but personally I think soft corals look MUCH nicer :D

• 4 weeks later...