betta colours in nz

Trilobite

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we definety have dragons

Thats good news best.gif I do love dragons love.gif

do you know what types like black coppers, blues, red?

I've seen opaques

pure white like this guy? what kind of colours were crossed to get the throws

Holy_grail_DT_male_1.gif

I've seen a few that a more of a flesh colour

cellophane3mw.png&t=1 but not solid white

your pk is very beautiful :bow:

steel blue is quite a dark blue like

BT051105B-MetallicblueHMPK18wka.jpg

Wow her fish has the most amzing colouration. I'm glad we have dragons like that in nz

very few though - they just come in randomly as halfmoons or delta tails. I seriously want a dragon male or female atm and I'm willing to pay big money for one.

I've managed to grow up a few steel blues but generally they aren't that often seen. I saw a vt yesterday morning that was pretty close to steel blue.

have a dragon (see profile pic...) which I am breeding from. Will be keeping a close eye on his offspring

I can almost guarentee you wont have any problem finding his children new homes.

I bags one :wink::)

they just come in randomly as halfmoons or delta tails

I'm gonna have to make more regular trips to the petshop then. Once my frriend saw a black VT with white fins! thats one of the things I love about bettas, they come in an almost endless variety of colours and combinations

so do petshops import bettas? if so would it be possible to ask them to import opaques instead of red/blue VTs or is this not how they roll

Hehe, yea there seems to be a lot of interest in the dragons :wink: will keep you posted! I asked hollywood about importing bettas and they seemed happy to bring them in when they put their order thru. I might have a chat to them next weekend regarding importing from thailand... all I know that is is definitely not worth doing it yourself unless you had a spare $800 lying around... MAF certainly doesn't make it easy thats for sure!

You are in possesion of one of the hardest fish to get in NZ we all look at you in awe :hail:

I'm looking forward to hearing about their progress.

who was the mother?

ooh tailand has some of the best bettas! it would be good to get some of them into the country. Does hollywood ship their goods? I'll give organisms a go and see if they can import some gooduns

The downside of security huh. If only we were more like America and could ship quality fish in with ease.

ooh tailand has some of the best bettas! it would be good to get some of them into the country.

Thailand has THE best Bettas :wink:

f only we were more like America and could ship quality fish in with ease.

Even Aus can get Bettas imported :(

I have a female pk that looks alot like this from joshlikes fish, though looks like she might be a crown tail. don't know my Fighters well enought to know for sure

All those fish I spawned will be a large mix of stuff bred by Adrienne. Every type of colour or tail in the spawn I have seen in Adrienne's tanks :D

Them surviving in NZ waterways is only a part of the equation.

The other part considers diseases, pathogens and the potential for natives to be adversely affected by any foreign organism; and given New Zealand's genetically unique flora and fauna,it is pretty darn important.

haha cant deny that though Holland comes pretty close

Really? I thought they were more into plants.

I guess getting nice fish is just a game of chance. I saw some neat fish in HFF this weekend but getting to know a breeder would probably be best.

The other part considers diseases, pathogens and the potential for natives to be adversely affected by any foreign organism; and given New Zealand's genetically unique flora and fauna,it is pretty darn important.

True, I assume a large proportion of potential threats would be in the water the fish come in such as invetebrates, plants, eggs, spores, etc.. and causualy pouring the water down the drain would do wonders in allowing them to enter the ecosystem.

what is is the process of importation in nz?

I guess getting nice fish is just a game of chance

Completely agree and 70% of the time they are nothing special. Me and my friend saw some nice bettas in organisms, the next day they sold out so they said "well ring you when we get more," they rung and we rushed through our lab,left early, got real excited, opened the door and there were red and blue VTs...(=_=)'