mumma guppy with a birthing problem

BikBok

My biggest female guppy ( she's a big import girl) is /was ready to drop her fry but she has a big fleshy blob hanging out her birth canal.

It's too big to be a stuck fry and most if not all her babies seem to be still inside. There was one fry int eh tank this morning , it might be hers buts I suspect it's from another fish. She has had the blob since yesterday.

What is it and is there anything I can do. She looks very uncomfortable and I think it's starting to poison her or injure her as there is a slight reddish tinge inside and just behind it now.

I hope I don't lose her, she's a very nice big girl.

No idea what to suggest. If she is still alive and still dropping fry I would be inclined to leave her be and see what happens. The only thing I would suggest is trying to pull the blob off but I don't know if that would do more harm than good :-?

Keep the water quality pristine and make sure other fish do not harrass her.

What about a prolapse? (I think that is the word)

My giant kokopu seems to have a slightly prolapsed anus (part of the internal lining sticks outside the body) since she slowly released eggs last year in the absence of a male.

If it is that, pulling on it might be a very bad thing for her.

• 11 months later...

i got some guppies and one of the females had a blob out the back end as you say, i was worried as she was heavily pregnant but she had her babies fine and seems happy the other fish dont pick on her and it has not got better or worse so will just watch her .