Homalia sp?

A-town...

I was going to ask the same question about it. The only link I could find in english puts it with willow moss. It certainly looks different to anything I have seen. Maybe I should buy it and try it but I want to know its allowed first :D

I've asked a question on the auction so shall await the answer.

Yep, well I've asked another question now as the site he linked to is not in English and he said the plant is similar to the one on the site. He also said emmersed so I have asked about submersed? (under water). He has changed something from the original listing but not sure what. One US site said the plant is endangered (but that was generalised).

Where could we get some?

from the link above. The seller has some for sale.

obviously not illegal if it was being sold on TradeMe.

There are a lot of illegal things sold on trademe. happens all the time with 'guppies' people find in the river, koi carp and many pest plants.

Willow moss.

you have willow moss?

from the link above. The seller has some for sale.

I read it and the auction closed. Does the seller have more?

you have willow moss?

Yeah I have a wee bit. I know where to get TONNES! (and for free too!) I have heaps of Xmas moss and I want to get that growing really well first before I get any more Willow moss. The trouble of having both, and the Xmas moss not growing at it's best (with triangular fronds etc.), means it is easy to get them mixed up at first, which is such a pain. Once the Willow moss gets growing, it has larger, fern-like leaves. I would like to get it to this stage. It's leaves have just started to get bigger, so I can tell it apart from the Xmas moss.

careful you have awoken the phoenix

What's so scary about phoenix wanting willow moss? Once it's summer and the moss population is at it's best, I can go down to the river and grab an endless supply and send it to him (as long as he pays shipping costs).

can you pm me with an image of what you have joe?

Sorry can't download images onto the forums. Apparently I need Photobucket or something. I tried to make an account but it threw a hissy fit at me and kept saying "You have entered incorrect details".

Xmas moss is at the top of the pic. I got the supposed "Willow Moss" from the river. I used to have a few bits that were growing properly and at their best and it is definately willow moss. The bits got covered in cyanobacter algae. I couldn't find many bits that were growing exeptionally well when I went hunting in the river. There had been a flood, and most of the moss was growing at the bottom of the stream where there was not much light. I'm not really interested in focusing on growing it at the moment.

Hey

Mods please dont delete this as I want to know some info!

this link here http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =306958965

is it a nz moss or an actual aquatic moss never seen or heard of it before?

That one looks like Homalia pulchella, and is a NZ native moss, I found a big patch of it under a small waterfall when I was hunting for other species of Fissidens (not berteroi)

Fissidens is actually better and faster growing. Homalia is extremely slow when submerged.

But it still looks cool, and I really NEED some! I think that Java moss is really getting boring. I haven't had a proper go at willow moss, but it has a fern-like apperance when it's under proper conditions. It needs really bright light. Xmas moss is cool, but is really common, and isn't unique or interesting in any ways.