@ photographists - need help/advice

DennisP

Mental block when I wrong photographists. Shhhh, it happens.

Well, I have barely any experience taking photos, and I see a lot of people on here can take good photo's of the brightly lit tanks.

This is What most of my photos look like, the brightness I mean.

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad1/ ... ngs002.jpg

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad1/ ... rio001.jpg

(These photo's aren't too bad because I don't upload many crappy ones, but I'm sure you get what I mean)

The glare I get from the top really annoys me. And there must be a way to stop it, whether its camera settings or lighting tricks.

I would really like to get it looking like this,

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad1/ ... h001-1.jpg

It is a photo of a reflection of my tank, but it is still Hi-def (in the reflection anyway) and the dark parts are dark and no glare.

Someone help me! :(

Having trouble getting these photos to be the correct size, sorry.

Yes, I was gonna say something about that, I had a feeling I spelt it wrong. Mental block.

My camera is a .... Finepx f70 EXR... Does that mean anything to you? I think its a fujifilm. Sticker on the front says 10x zoom, wide angle 27mm, award-winning super CCD EXR sensor.

Yes, I was gonna say something about that, I had a feeling I spelt it wrong. Mental block.

My camera is a .... Finepx f70 EXR... Does that mean anything to you? I think its a fujifilm. Sticker on the front says 10x zoom, wide angle 27mm, award-winning super CCD EXR sensor.

They are a good little camera :wink:

Take pics at night with tank lights on.

Ill PM you an article about how best to take photos of fishtanks.

yep dark room - room lights off, pull curtains etc turn telly off too. i use flash as it brings up more colours in the fish but using the flash you get that reflection to avoid the reflection angle the camera slightly and take a few test photos to check that the reflection isnt showing. (note: it helps to use a tripod when doing this) then you have to get lucky waiting for the right fish to swim by :lol:

quite often when you see a few good photos what you dont see are the other 100 photos that were taken as well just to get the 3 or 4 good ones

I wonder if I can also chirp in here and ask for advice. I have a Canon powershot a75 camera (very old bought it 6 years ago). I have the exact same problem with pics being either blurry or that white flash light everywhere. I would like to enter contests for pics, but don't like sharing my not so well taken pics :wink: