how many fish for a newly set up AR380 (34L) quarantine

BikBok

I've branched this off from my other thread. But basically my usual QT is begin occupied by my chco zebra plec who has ich

I'm going to go into HFF to get some guppies and was wanting a rainbow shark as well.

I have dug up my daughters old AR380 and got it running. It's only 34L so was wondering if it was big enough to quarantine a 5cm rainbow shark along with 2-4 guppys. i realise it doesn't give him much swimming room but it would be only for a few weeks until I'm sure the AR850 community tank is clear of ich.

I'm using a spare sponge that I've kept in the AR850 filter for such a purpose of needing to start another tank but am also prepared to do daily water changes if necessary.

well I took your advice Phoenix and walked away from the oh so cute rainbow shark at HFF today! You're quite right ... there will be more!

I did get the guppies and you can see some pics of mine on the HFF guppy thread.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=46218

my daughter saw an eel that captured her interest. What size tank would one of those need? (kept alone or with 1-2 compatible fish) It was a spotty eel, that's all I know!

She was interested in setting up dwarf puffer or bumblebee goby but now likes the eel.. is saving up . so got time to think about it.

didn't realise they get that big! might not work then , we wouldn't be able to fit a tank that size in her room.

back to the puffer or bumblee idea I think.. She wants something a bit different, 1 -2 species max, not a community.

It is a shame they get that big, I believe there is 1 species I found, peacock or something, that stays small ish, could look into that.

They also like to dig apparently.

They spend most of their life with just their head sticking out of the gravel.

Also ive heard they can be very fussy eaters.

They spend most of their life with just their head sticking out of the gravel.

Also ive heard they can be very fussy eaters.

she's decided to save up for a bigger tank now.In the meantime it's her job to research it.