External Filter on a Juwel 180

bottlerocket

Isn't it interesting how we all have such differing experiences with various filters? My Jebo hasn't missed a beat in 3 years so far (and neither have the 2 other members are using either) but I have heard some say the Aquas don't last as long as other brands.

Sounds like it might be a case of buy whatever you can afford, or what is available, and keep your fingers crossed!

Having had nothing but trouble from an Eheim wet/dry I wouldn't touch another. :(

I have an Eheim going on a turtle tank which gives it a fair load. It has never missed a beat apart from when I dropped it and broke some bits off--still works though. I think the principle of wet/dry might be the problem rather than the brand.

The same can be said about my Aquaone CF1200s, except I saved about $1200 on the 3 of them vs eheims.

• 1 month later...

I have Juwel Rio 180. I got sick of the amount of room the internal filter took up and the pump on the thing stopped working twice. I replaced it with an Aqua One 1200 and I have found it to be a great filter. it is quieter than the Fluval 204, 304 and 404s I have had on previous tanks and doesn't need cleaning all the time like the fluvals.