Leopard Gecko Caresheet

Perpin

The Sim and the GEO are both great products. I am happy to get my hands on either one. The $US does have a better exchange rate at the moment but the freight may be much more expensive. Will you be looking into it Doug? I am really keen to get some.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sim and the GEO are both great products. I am happy to get my hands on either one. The $US does have a better exchange rate at the moment but the freight may be much more expensive. Will you be looking into it Doug? I am really keen to get some.

Will be looking into it later next month. Dont think freight will be much if I dont get perlite. Have to check if we can get cups here, should be able to. Prefer the US ones personally.

Will be looking into it later next month. Dont think freight will be much if I dont get perlite. Have to check if we can get cups here, should be able to. Prefer the US ones personally.

Perfect. Let me know when you have more info. If I had to choose it would the the US Geo that I prefer as well. Thanks Doug.

They all look nice but will not help them to be fertile or hatch

I have had good luck so far with vermiculite and click clack containers and just water .

I put my container on the scales ... zero it of put in the vermiculite and do a 6 to 4 mix

So if the vermiculite weights say 13g then I x that by .666 which is 8.658g then add that back to the 13g ... 21.658

and that is the weight it should be after you add the water ... 21.5g

Did very well with this

Shed020.jpg

Reptilenutt those 2 are so cute! Almost identical :D

I incubate mine in just about any tupperware I have on hand but I do add ventilation holes. The vermiculite is wet to the point that when you squeeze it into a ball it stays in a ball and is just damp and not pouring water from being zqueezed. I open the tubs once every 5 to 6 days and check the vermiculite to see if it is drying out. If I think it is a bit dry I give the tub a spray from a srapy bottle. This method has worked very well for me. I rarely have fungal issues. Have used many different kinds of incubators over the years from different home made ones to store bought. I am currently using the ReptiPro 5000. It is awesome.

The reason why I like the GEO and the SIM is because the eggs are off of the incubation medium which seems to do away with fungal and waterlogging issues. The eggs have also proven to hatch faster for some reason. Cant wait to give it a try.

Incubated 6 eggs from one female to get males and all infertile, also 4 for females before males failed and only 2 like this one (from the same clutch) hatched. Hoping to do better this coming season. Hang in there Al. At least they don't throw water over the electrics when it shakes.

• 9 years later...