Clowns with whitespot

xmamx

:bounce:

changing your tank water: connect your garden hose into your kitchen purifier tap and let it run it will fill your tank slowly that would solve your chlorine pros & temp 0c.

I think you are over killing with spot treatment chemical now, I had the problm before jst need to dose twice and changing tank water 3 days in a row. best to keep the fish calm no STRESS

as the disease get worse.. put some bacteria enhancer into your tank tht could help since you vac & replacing alots of water..

increase temp is good, *changing tank water PEOPLE they dont realise 50% pure tape water is too much chlorine..then trying to increasing the temp quickly to achevie their correct temp.. :evil: booom the hot temp will activeate the chlorine quicker.. the fish gill & skin start to cook (WHITE BURN SPOT)

Untrue regarding the sensitivity. Many assume CL's don't have scales just because they cannot be seen; and this apparent lack of scales makes them scale-less and thus very sensitive to meth blue and other ich treatments. In reality the only part of the CLown Loach that does not have scales is the head. They have very small scales all over the rest of their body. So don't worry about half dosing with Clowns, they are among the hardiest fish I have ever kept! :D

I beg to differ................i nearly lost my 2 clowns when treating my tank with flourish excel..........luckily i remembered about clowns being sensitive and removed them from the tank. They came right after 24 hrs but i will NEVER treat my tank with anything again without first removing them, unless its a specific treatment for them, in which case i will be researching it thoroughly!

yeah but you used flourish. big difference.

an overdose of flourish is KNOWN to produce chemical burns, and strip away the slime coat. (the search function on here will provide many answers with re. to flourish overdoses).

I can't change your view, (and dont intend to) but a full dose of treatments must be administered on fish - even loaches- if they are in need of treatment.

Sorry for the delay guys and thanks for your help.

Well it was a hard few weeks and quite depressing as well, but I learned a few things in the process. I ended up loosing 5 or my 11 clowns and a small glowlight danio. Most of the clowns I lost were the small ones, but the one in the picture also held on for another week before he passed away (he was one of my biggest clowns at about 14cm), he got a secondary fungal infection which is what he has in the photo (the morning I found him dead, he was covered in white fluff all over), I did try phoenix's advise but he didnt seem to respond. I only just lost the 5th one 2 days ago as he got really skinny (still was eating) and also had secondary infection.

After my last post I changed a few things. I did a full water change and then did full dose of Blue Circle white spot cure as the Wunder stuff didnt seem to do anything. I did 75% water changes every 3 days and full redose of the blue circle also. The temperature is still currently at 29 degrees as one of my clowns still has what looks to be slight white spot, but also could be secondary infection. I have finally stopped the white spot treatment and now using melafix to help get fid of the secondary infection and it seems to be working.

Conclusion: If I ever got white spot again, I would raise the temperature of the tank and would start doing full doses of Blue Circle whitespot cure (the clowns had no negative reaction to the full dose). I would also do the 75% water change every 2 to 3 days and gravel vac everyday. If I had done this in the first place I may have saved most of my clowns.

Thanks Phoenix for your advise about the full dose, had I not started doing full doses. I think I would have lost all my clowns.

Also thanks to everyone else, just to add Wellington water does not have much chlorine in it and I sometimes use the chlorine remover just in case. I also got one of those tap mixer things you put on the hot and cold tap (put a hose fitting on it) and got the temp right before filling the tank (it works really well and I get no temperature drop).