.... I have finished my book.....!

Stella

Wow, I can't believe it!

(to those who don't know, I have been writing a book on keeping NZ native fish in aquaria, and spent the last four years saying "it will be done in six months".)

Really, it is only 'finished'. Writing can be tweaked forever, and knowledge can be added as it is gained. But I will leave that for the second edition.

But still, it is at the point where I am ready to PRINT.

I will hand it over to Zev ( :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail: ) who will do all the layout (including photos :hail::hail::hail: ) so we can get it all printed and bound and DONE! :o

wow.

I started writing an ARTICLE, but it kept growing. I had only had native fish for six months before starting to write. I was frustrated at the complete lack of information on what to do, and I figured I could pass on what little I knew to those who were only just starting. I actually wrote most of it in my lunch breaks at work, with the odd intensive day or weekend here and there. Starting uni this year threw a huge spanner in the works, and I have only been able to do it during the semester breaks.

It is written to be accessible by anyone, but with the knowledge that it will mostly be fishkeepers and freshwater scientists reading it. I have had a bunch of people read over it, and every person has independently commented that my style is very readable and entertaining, but also technically accurate. Very pleasing!

It was actually VERY good for my own fishkeeping skills. It forced me to find out proper information (the myths out there are far too common and problematic) and try to understand the details of how everything works.

A huge thank you to the members here that I have learned so much off and who have supported me and asked all sorts of weird and useful questions along the way :bow:

Please excuse me while I fall into bed with exhaustion and lie there going "wow....wow....wow"