Reefs Reef Tank

reef

i dose biodigest every two weeks and add reef booster weekly. I also add tunze zeolite.

I would like to ask few more specific questions.

How long are you using digest and booster?

What changes did you notice after first, second and third month?

How do you replenish microelements? With WC or additives?

What is your food comsuption?

I was using zeolites both times.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to ask few more specific questions.

How long are you using digest and booster?

What changes did you notice after first, second and third month?

How do you replenish microelements? With WC or additives?

What is your food comsuption?

I was using zeolites both times.

Been using prodibio for 6 months or so, i noticed my tank was getting cleaner as i was getting less diatoms on the sand and glass.

Been also dosing vodka but know changed to activ bak by aqualight,.

I dose some amino acids and reef solution which is a muti vitamin and contains iron

Food comsuption is very high as tank has about 60 fish. does create a problem as getting po4 down is not easy.

Combo Check out this tank as he also uses prodibio.

http://www.hausriff.ch/4534/108355.html

Hmmm.... That's an EXTREMELY interesting tank. The guy has an interesting management method, there is a bit of everything. Zeolith and some zeo products, prodibio, and yes, a DSB. I think he thoroughly understands what he is doing and uses the products he needs to get the results.

Also, undetectable nitrate, yet rich colours. It is surely one of the most colourful tanks I have seen!

Wonder how much it cost him? :D

Another one (top pic) with a little too much PSing IMO, can you tell if he has edited stuff in the pics other than the top one? Pic 2 doesnt look like it has been edited. Pic one looks a lil outa whack. Still very cool though.

I kinda prefer the un-adultered pics, but just because I have never seen a reef tank other than in photos - do acro colours really look like that in the top photo when veiwed in person? Does that actually represent a true to life comparison of how strong the colours can get?

I've had a close look at the individual corals, IMO it may be genuine, although there's a couple seem rather brighter than I've ever seen, so don't know.

However one thing he's done well for overall effect, is mix the colours. Notice even the drab coloured stuff looks stunning due to the contrasts with their neighbours.

Not harsh at all. It's only harsh if you look at it as him trying to deceive people. I don't.

Aquariums would have to be one of the most difficult things to photograph. To get good photos which don't require a little adjusting in photoshop to give a more accurate reflection of the true colours, takes a lot of skill.

Layton

hey now - Im careful about the PS thing, and I dont mind PSing at all, as I said IMO the top photo is overdone. It's definately outa whack with the rest of the photos.

He is obviously an awsome reef keeper anyway, I was more interested in whether the vibrant colours shown in the top pic would be as bright as real life. (and I suppose I did jump to the photoshopping conclusion on the top photo - ) :roll: for which I apologise 8) , which is what sparked my question in the first place.