"Grand Designs" aquarium

Caryl

False advertising then. I watched the whole thing waiting to see how they did the aquarium :(

Very interesting, though I think it would have been cheaper to build the castle from scratch :roll:

So did I and so did my other half :roll: I insisted on it.

You can imagine what he said!!! :lol:

Thats what we thought too Caryl.. although it was very nice in the end and I can appreciate that they wanted to keep it for historical reasons. We live in a 97 year old villa and I like to think about all the history this house might have. I know a few interesting things about it.

I too was wondering where they were going to put the aquarium, I started thinking that an aquarium would have been quite out of place and it was going to be an odd addition, considering that they were trying to keep the castle as original as possible.

the show with the aquarium in it.... the house was what can be called a glass house, lol.. lotsa glass and huge windows.. i think it was in the scottish country, and the house was built partially over a lake or something like that. and the dude loved water, so he made this long, thin as tank and filled it with lake tan. cichlids.

looked good but he put plastic plants in the tank, and that made me laugh... that and the tank was waaay too narrow... oh that and they only showed the tank for the best of 40 seconds or so during the entire hour long episode. :evil: